What have you bought recently?

Oh such a lot bought since I last posted... Christmas has been and gone, so stuff there...

My most recent purchase from a bricks and mortar store was in the sales just after new year... 2 pairs of ankle boots from Debenhams Sale.. brown brogues reduced from £149 to £59.. and the other tan pair reduced to just £32...

IMG-4243.jpg
IMG-4238.jpg

From the internet, we've had many things since November, mainly for hubs...but for me I've got another Microwave heat wheat bag for my back and knee . The ones I get have a cotton/ canvas style cover and is stitched in 3 places in the middle so unlike some, when you use it all the wheat doesn't fall down into one end
71unjuvpXiL._AC_SX466_.jpg
..I'm a girlie so I get mine in pastel colours... but they're also great for putting in the freezer and using chilled too

I've also bought a new stepladder, with non slip treads... to replace the aluminium ones we've had for decades...

Do you buy much online?

Do you prefer to shop in the brick & mortar stores...?

Did you recently get a great bargain, or feel you've paid too much for something ?

Come and share what you've bought in either ....

This week we bought a new Electric telescopic Pole tree saw.. .. which arrived today..alongside a gallon of oil for it..

electric-pruner-8-amp-telescoping-2-in-1-pole-saw-tree-trimmer-chainsaw-high-speed-grape-pruning-s.jpg

Still waiting for half the order to arrive even tho' we paid for a specific date for delivery

As said in my Quote I do like to go to the shops on the high street to browse and feel and chat to sales staff...when you can find one as they have cut back on shop staff here in the UK. with popular outlets shutting down permanently. I cant believe its all due to shopping online and other factors like the general market trends and also bad management are some reasons

As said in my Quote I do like to go to the shops on the high street to browse and feel and chat to sales staff...when you can find one as they have cut back on shop staff here in the UK. with popular outlets shutting down permanently. I cant believe its all due to shopping online and other factors like the general market trends and also bad management are some reasons
see in the news today a whole bunch of Debenham stores are to close this year. Our nearest one will close in 2 weeks... such a shame !!

see in the news today a whole bunch of Debenham, stores are to close this year. Our nearest one will close in 2 weeks... such a shame !!

Yes, I knew about these closures as the one near me has closed sometime ago. No more Blue Cross sales😔

Did you know that C&A are thriving in Europe? I still miss that once popular store and their Canda fashions. I still have a faux fur short jacket and a champagne colour and not worn it for years but I wore it over Christmas and my 19year old GD at Uni loved it and said "Nan you look great!" and she meant it.

Yes, I knew about these closures as the one near me has closed sometime ago. No more Blue Cross sales😔

Did you know that C&A are thriving in Europe? I still miss that once popular store and their Canda fashions. I still have a faux fur short jacket and a champagne colour and not worn it for years but I wore it over Christmas and my 19year old GD at Uni loved it and said "Nan you look great!" and she meant it.
Yes I knew about C&A there one in the Mall nearest us at our second home in Spain... I often buy stuff there... :love:

This store is in the Costa Del Sol where my daughter lives , and we have one in the Costa Blanca where we have a second home.

Yes there was that rumour about British workers being a pushover etc and that being the reason for C&A closing here and not elsewhere...but C&A deny it.
They say it was because here in the UK unlike other European countries they had to compete with new stores selling clothing..a swell as M&S, BHS, John lewis etc, there was cheaper clothing stores opening New look, and Primark, and all the supermarkets were selling affordable clothing, which doesn't happoen too much on the continent, except for huge superstores like Carrefour but ordinary supermarkets like mercadona don't sell clothing, like Tesco and Sainsbury etc does here.. .. so simply put, Coats and 'ats as they were affectionately known, couldn't compete ..

This store is in the Costa Del Sol where my daughter lives , and we have one in the Costa Blanca where we have a second home.

Yes there was that rumour about British workers being a pushover etc and that being the reason for C&A closing here and not elsewhere...but C&A deny it.
They say it was because here in the UK unlike other European countries they had to compete with new stores selling clothing..a swell as M&S, BHS, John lewis etc, there was cheaper clothing stores opening New look, and Primark, and all the supermarkets were selling affordable clothing, which doesn't happen too much on the continent, except for huge superstores like Carrefour but ordinary supermarkets like mercadona don't sell clothing, like Tesco and Sainsbury etc does here.. .. so simply put, Coats and 'ats as they were affectionately known, couldn't compete ..

I can see this being possibly true in the UK. I like Roman Original Fashions and Autonomy and Klass but note these stores are diminishing in one shopping outlet near me and been taken over by newbie like Fatface for one and others and they all sell much of a much clothing and fashions and aimed at the younger generation.

I can see this being possibly true in the UK. I like Roman Original Fashions and Autonomy and Klass but note these stores are diminishing in one shopping outlet near me and been taken over by newbie like Fatface for one and others and they all sell much of a much clothing and fashions and aimed at the younger generation.
I love Klass, but they only have outlets in the garden centres here..so I have to drive over to north London every few months to the garden centres to get stuff, when the sales are on..

I love Klass, but they only have outlets in the garden centres here..so I have to drive over to north London every few months to the garden centres to get stuff, when the sales are on..

I like skirts and noticed a lack of them in the high street shops and stores and this has been like this for a long time. I say to the sales staff. What has happened to skirts, FHS ??? The reply is they don't really know. :rolleyes: I reckon it's because of fashion trends by the big-boys and also skirts unless very good named fashions when you can find them do not have linings like they used to even the top retailers...another cutting back imo

I haven't worn a skirt in decades. I used to like below the knee skirts with boots, but I wear trousers (jeans) and dresses now, so much simpler.

I forgot to mention earlier that I also bought a new coat from M&S... it's really hard for me to get coats to fit properly because I'm short ( 5'1. ) and this is a really lovely dressy coat in Navy and exactly the right length

I bought a sheet blanket for my bed. It is two heavy weight flannel sheets bound together like a blanket. Perfect for Florida winter nights. That and a top sheet for warmer nights and comforter folded at bottom of bed to pull up when cooler. Bought mail order from Vermont Country Store

I like a nice skirt and miss them in the high street. I loved M&S denim and their good quality denim skirts styled and shaped into a flare> have noticed that some fashion shops are getting more skirts and nice ones as well so will look about in the Spring and hope the trend continues.

I bought a sheet blanket for my bed. It is two heavy weight flannel sheets bound together like a blanket. Perfect for Florida winter nights. That and a top sheet for warmer nights and comforter folded at bottom of bed to pull up when cooler. Bought mail order from Vermont Country Store
I like the idea of that sheet Blanket. I get too warm at night I could do with one of those, wonder if I can find any here in England

I shop online a lot, but this month has been my "no buy" month. Only necessities or things I have put in my budget. I mainly stick to Walmart, Amazon, eBay and Netrition. I buy groceries there that I can't find in my local stores. Mostly buy groceries locally though.I think the last thing I bought was at Amazon and was a book and coffee beans. For me, living with a vehicle was easy due to the fact that I do almost everything online. I am used to it and it saves a lot of time not having to look for stuff I want. Plus I can compare brands and prices.

In the last 2 days we've had a new Wireless Bluetooth Canon scanner /printer... a High amperage car battery charger.,...( hubs has had the same one for about 20 years or more)... and a Lithium ion jump starter..... they were online...

Then in the bricks & mortar stores today, I bought... (aside from a month's groceries)...:oops:
a turquoise faux mink throw... a wine coloured tunic style top (for me)
... hubs bought a 100 piece set of quality screwdrivers and screwdriver bits... , also a Cable, pipe and stud detector... some hanging de-humidifiers for the barn shed , and a sack of mealworms for the bird feeders...

Back