What have you bought recently?

Got me a brand new pack of bait bars. (y) doesn't sound like much, but, if you've ever had pack rats eat the wiring under your cars hood, you'd understand.:mad: The last episode cost me over $500 dollars to replace the coil pack wires, water hoses, and throttle cable housing on the wife's car.

if you've ever had pack rats eat the wiring under your cars hood, you'd understand.
SD, if you have comprehensive coverage on your vehicle, that should be covered, after the deductible is met, of course.

Some people don't know that some deductibles are reduced after a long time without any claims.

I had a lady send me an estimate for your exact same issue. In her note, she noted.. "oh, those dirty rats!" I laughed all day.

(No offense, @Marie5656 )

Today, I broke down and bought myself a Pennsylvania Dutch style soft pretzel. I know this sounds like no big deal, but I make it a habit of not buying junk food to satisfy my desire to eat something that is considered as empty calories. Yes, I ate the whole thing with mustard on it and a Diet Coke to wash it down. Now comes the guilt.

https://images.app.goo.gl/jx1Yq1Jqyfa8sSRT7
Totally joking, but consider it one less day in a nursing home. Enjoy yourself - but then I've been giving bad advice my whole life. 🥴

SD, if you have comprehensive coverage on your vehicle, that should be covered, after the deductible is met, of course.

Some people don't know that some deductibles are reduced after a long time without any claims.

I had a lady send me an estimate for your exact same issue. In her note, she noted.. "oh, those dirty rats!" I laughed all day.

(No offense, @Marie5656 )

RR, being that the car then was 19 years when this happened (last year), we had already pulled the full coverage off it. :(
Instead, after this episode, I spent a whopping $300 on a spare car. (blown engine) Not only does it have those parts, but as an added bonus, should we ever encounter a deer or damage the outside body, the body parts are in excellent shape. (y) and having a body man for a brother helps a bunch. 🙂
The spare......

DSC01298.JPG

RR, being that the car then was 19 years when this happened (last year), we had already pulled the full coverage off it. :(
Instead, after this episode, I spent a whopping $300 on a spare car. (blown engine) Not only does it have those parts, but as an added bonus, should we ever encounter a deer or damage the outside body, the body parts are in excellent shape. (y) and having a body man for a brother helps a bunch. 🙂
The spare......

View attachment 89382
Oh, at 19 years I don't blame you for taking off all but liability.

The 300.00 blown engine... a beauty! Whatever works.... :D

Speaking of blankets, anyone here use one of those weighted blankets?

If so, how many pounds, how does the covering feel, are they very hot? What's the price?

I read something about glass balls inside.
@RadishRose
I've heard of these this past year. I think the one I heard of was 30 pounds but I could be wrong. I heard they make you fall asleep better.

Just looked on amazon and they are different weights and pounds. They also are different prices. Here's the page that popped up:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=weighted...583500&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_39exgol8pv_e

Speaking of blankets, anyone here use one of those weighted blankets?

If so, how many pounds, how does the covering feel, are they very hot? What's the price?
I read something about glass balls inside.

I bought a Calming Comfort weighted blanket from Sharper Image a couple years ago ... no glass beads in it though...."bpa-free micro beads"
Mine is 15 lbs., but I would have gone lighter (10) if doing it again. It's great when it is really cold (and that's not too often here) .....
Over $100 ... maybe $125 ?? .. can't remember. Feels very nice and soft, and you feel very 'tucked in' ...😀

Two DVD's online: America's Wild West (about the lives of: Annie Oakley, Billy The Kid, Buffalo Bill, Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid, Custer's Last Stand, Jessie James, Kit Carson and Wyatt Earp)
And, the movie Maverick with Mel Gibson.

I bought a new electric kettle the other day, but decided I don't like it, and will no doubt offload it onto one of my kids or anyone else who wants the thing.

Back