What have you bought recently?

Had a brilliant idea to buy a ceramic canister for food compost waste, something suitable to be on the counter since I have no room under the cupboards. Found a pretty blue one in the thrift store. Unfortunately I was also distracted by some lightweight jackets that I probably didn’t need. Oh well, the canister was a bargain up until that point.

Bought a set of wireless headphones for the TV for my 88 year old hard of hearing mom so we don’t have to turn the TV volume up to sonic levels.
She refuses to use them.

However, I’ve decided I love them. I use them at night when I’m trying to keep the sound low so as not to disturb others. Turn off the TV volume and set headphones to level I want. Sound quality is really good.
No worries about the TV suddenly blasting out gun shots or someone screaming and waking up the household.

I can't get my apple earbuds to stay in my ears...
Apple Air Pod Pros are noted for fitting a variety of ear sizes. I bought some from Costco but returned them because I couldn’t justify the $279C and I’d have to adjust the volume on the device rather than on the pod.

Bought a set of wireless headphones for the TV for my 88 year old hard of hearing mom so we don’t have to turn the TV volume up to sonic levels.
She refuses to use them.

However, I’ve decided I love them. I use them at night when I’m trying to keep the sound low so as not to disturb others. Turn off the TV volume and set headphones to level I want. Sound quality is really good.
No worries about the TV suddenly blasting out gun shots or someone screaming and waking up the household.
If you don't mind me asking, MountainRa, what kind of headphones are they; over-ear, on-ear, or in-ear? Reason I ask, neither Huzz or I can stand the in-ear (earbud type) phones, uncomfortable and do, as Holly mentioned, fall out. We found the over-ear, big ones to be much more comfortable; so if the kind you bought your mom were the in-ear or on-ear ones, maybe she'd wear the over-ear ones?

If you don't mind me asking, MountainRa, what kind of headphones are they; over-ear, on-ear, or in-ear? Reason I ask, neither Huzz or I can stand the in-ear (earbud type) phones, uncomfortable and do, as Holly mentioned, fall out. We found the over-ear, big ones to be much more comfortable; so if the kind you bought your mom were the in-ear or on-ear ones, maybe she'd wear the over-ear ones?

here is a picture of what I bought. I find them very comfortable.

ACCCE545-8196-4AA4-8213-24D0928E41C7.jpeg

Oh, okay, they do look like the over-the-ear ones like we've got, which we also find comfortable. I wonder if your mom would prefer the smaller ones?

Truthfully, I just don’t think she will agree to any type. ‘New fangled inventions’ type attitude. 🙂

She doesn’t realize how stressful it is to have the TV blaring because it’s not loud to her.
Or how exhausting it is to have to yell everything three times.

But she’s my mom and has been a good one all my life. I can deal with the aggravation for the time I have left with her.

Some Magnetic curtain tie-backs..

..and some solar waterproof lilies for the garden...
717y9V6X8SL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Back