What have you bought recently?

What have you bought recently?

A small angle grinder, I'm determined to remove that corn once and for all. 😊
We continue to stock up on toilet paper. Shelves are empty most of the time.

I bought a lamp that I don't like after all.
How much of a difference do you see in a state hundreds of miles from you ...is there very much of a difference in the way people live ?
Economy seems to have hit them pretty hard. All the automotive manufacturing buildings standing empty that once provided people with great lifestyles was sad.
How much of a difference do you see in a state hundreds of miles from you ...is there very much of a difference in the way people live ?

Bought a shed for my daughters back yard. She lives in an apartment in a town 40 miles away and she had some things stolen out of her back yard fenced area. I had to get a cover and lock for my grandsons new bike. I think this shed will help a lot. I even made up a better lock system for it. She said there have been police at the neighbors many times. If you set something down it is a short time before someone will take it these days. Looks like it will be easy to assemble. She can't afford renters insurance so have to try and lock things up.

Attachments

• Shed4.jpg
    Shed4.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 2
I love it! Back in the day when I was a divorced mother with two teenagers, I realized how hard it is to get things done when He took all the tools and left me only with kitchen stuff. Asking a man for help was sometimes necessary because they have the strength and the tools, and maybe even know-how. But damn if they didn't want me to do things for them but not with them. You know go make something good to eat, instead of working on the car together. Men taught each other how to fix the car and not a woman. No thank you! I rather work with a woman and get things done as equals who enjoy being independent. So yes, I will gladly help you get that deck and new trellis done.
Whenever I helped a woman fix something the prerequisite was that I would show them how to do it but they had to do the work. I was not being a hard head. I felt it was better for them in the long run to learn how to do it for themselves. Most of the ladies appreciated it but some thought I was being a.h.

Bagged salads at Sprouts for lunch the next few days. Pre-prepared meals at Sprouts for the next few nights. On Amazon... Red Yeast Rice tablets to lower cholesterol, a charger for my Sonic Waterpik because I lost the old one and a pair of gym shorts expected to arrive the end of this month. Trying to keep purchases under control these days.

So far this week all money has gone for food and gas. However, my grown granddaughter is entering a Ms. Bohemia City competition. I think this means an outfit such as women wore during the years of the Oregon Trail. I want her to have all the right underclothes for a modest woman in that period. This will happen in July so she may suffer heat exhaustion but she said she will do it. I hope my undergarments and stockings will fit her, but we need petty coats. I hope I will find them in a thrift store.

Last week we bought a new recliner chair for hubby (for the new family room) and 2 new mattresses. Yesterday, we bought new pillows for the beds. My neck has been killing me for months. Turns out...it was the wrong pillow for me. Who knew?? Today, looking for a freezer.

I bought some garden ornaments today.... these ...in carved wood, and pottery...

IMG-3985.jpg
the hare stands about 18 inches high ...and a solar Bluebird.. for the fence..

IMG-3987.jpg

Whenever I helped a woman fix something the prerequisite was that I would show them how to do it but they had to do the work. I was not being a hard head. I felt it was better for them in the long run to learn how to do it for themselves. Most of the ladies appreciated it but some thought I was being a.h.
Kind of a "teach a man to fish" sort of thing only, you know, teach a woman to fix a thing. But same principle applies. :)

Bagged salads at Sprouts for lunch the next few days. Pre-prepared meals at Sprouts for the next few nights. On Amazon... Red Yeast Rice tablets to lower cholesterol, a charger for my Sonic Waterpik because I lost the old one and a pair of gym shorts expected to arrive the end of this month. Trying to keep purchases under control these days.
My Endo. tells me RRY Tablets will act like statins so you're probably going to do well with those. :)

Last edited:

Back