What have you bought recently?

camo-cap.jpg
A camouflage cap, now there's an interesting point. What about a camouflage shirt? I didn't buy the shirt, in fact I didn't buy the material that my camouflage shirt was made from, nonetheless I do have a new shirt, and some shirt it is too.
Camo-shirt 001.JPG
You need to look very closely, the black images are the easiest
to see that all the camouflage is actually silhouettes of pin up girls.

View attachment 223975
A camouflage cap, now there's an interesting point. What about a camouflage shirt? I didn't buy the shirt, in fact I didn't buy the material that my camouflage shirt was made from, nonetheless I do have a new shirt, and some shirt it is too.
View attachment 223977
That is so cool ! You're right. If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed to that detail. You rock everything you wear HC!

View attachment 223975
View attachment 223977
Nice shirt! :cool:

I don’t think I have ever seen anyone who dresses with more flair than HC.
You flatter me, but I love it, thank you. Do remember though, it's my lovely wife who makes most of my clothes. When we were young we spent most of our time dancing, as in, Latin & Ballroom. If you have ever seen dancing on TV, you will have seen all the dance costumes, my lady made all of ours, she is so talented.

You flatter me, but I love it, thank you. Do remember though, it's my lovely wife who makes most of my clothes. When we were young we spent most of our time dancing, as in, Latin & Ballroom. If you have ever seen dancing on TV, you will have seen all the dance costumes, my lady made all of ours, she is so talented.
I agree, you are blessed to have such a lovely and talented wife. However, no matter how dashing the clothes, if a man lacks style, the clothes fall flat. You are the epitome of style. Effortless, as it should be. Gravitas in spades.

Last edited:
I agree, you are blessed to have such a lovely and talented wife. However, no matter how dashing the clothes, if a man lacks style, the clothes fall flat. You are the epitome of style. Effortless, as it should be. Gravitas in spades.
Thank you again. Every so often we will go along to an MG, drive it day. Nobody ever dresses the part, but we dress as we always do. What I find about classic car enthusiasts is that they know every single nut and bolt on the car, there love of the marque is shown in every detail of their car. Most cars are of a post war appearance, like the MGB, a very popular car with the MG set. Our car has that pre-war appearance so I just go along with the period that was the car, when new.

Last time caused quite a stir, I would like to think it's because of my hat, but in fact it's something on the hat that got all the attention.........
004.JPGMG Hat badge 001.JPG

Thank you again. Every so often we will go along to an MG, drive it day. Nobody ever dresses the part, but we dress as we always do. What I find about classic car enthusiasts is that they know every single nut and bolt on the car, there love of the marque is shown in every detail of their car. Most cars are of a post war appearance, like the MGB, a very popular car with the MG set. Our car has that pre-war appearance so I just go along with the period that was the car, when new.

Last time caused quite a stir, I would like to think it's because of my hat, but in fact it's something on the hat that got all the attention.........
View attachment 224192View attachment 224193
My eyes aren’t the best, do the letters on your hat read MG? I love the hat, and the stripes on your
jacket.

Nice badge..!! We had the same with our Vintage VW Camper. It's over 50 years old now.. and used to go to the shows .. and we have all the vintage paraphernalia for it... My o/h built it from a wreck to a beauty... inside and out... ..and then now he has all the paraphernalia for his Maserati which is not vintage including even his key ring fob made from the same quality leather the interior of his car is made from..

Our old 4 slice toaster went bad, so replaced with this. Got it yesterday, on sale, from Amazon.

View attachment 224210View attachment 224211
I didn't really start using a toaster oven until after the kids moved out. Since DH & I eat relatively small amounts - and no meat - it's usually unnecessary to bother with the wall oven unless I'm feeding a crowd, or doing some serious baking.

Congrats on your convection / toaster oven. Betting you'll find it surprisingly useful.

I didn't really start using a toaster oven until after the kids moved out. Since DH & I eat relatively small amounts - and no meat - it's usually unnecessary to bother with the wall oven unless I'm feeding a crowd, or doing some serious baking.

Congrats on your convection / toaster oven. Betting you'll find it surprisingly useful.
Thank you StarSong. We will.

View attachment 224192View attachment 224193
What model of car is in the picture? Model and year please. Thanks.

I just bought six new summer shirts, 4 pair of shorts, 3 pair of shoes and one pair of Oakley sunglasses and one pair of the newest aviator sunglasses. They are great for the beach because they reduce the glare off of the water. I also bought a new pair of noise cancelling earphones with a built-in radio. Great for laying on the beach.

I just bought six new summer shirts, 4 pair of shorts, 3 pair of shoes and one pair of Oakley sunglasses and one pair of the newest aviator sunglasses. They are great for the beach because they reduce the glare off of the water. I also bought a new pair of noise cancelling earphones with a built-in radio. Great for laying on the beach.
Sounds like you've got a lot of beach time planned this summer! :cool:

Sounds like you've got a lot of beach time planned this summer! :cool:
We still have a home in Florida, so I am going down in July and will be staying for quite awhile. I wish now we wouldn’t have sold the boat. My wife suggested that I buy another one, but I learned that the upkeep and storage have both skyrocketed in pricing. What used to cost $350 a month has now almost doubled, plus now they charge a launching fee, while before, it was included in the rent.

We still have a home in Florida, so I am going down in July and will be staying for quite awhile. I wish now we wouldn’t have sold the boat. My wife suggested that I buy another one, but I learned that the upkeep and storage have both skyrocketed in pricing. What used to cost $350 a month has now almost doubled, plus now they charge a launching fee, while before, it was included in the rent.
SS: Even if I would buy a boat and pay for the storage, there is still insurance to buy, which has also gone out of sight and marine fuel, another added expense. I used to get my other boat washed inside and out after every fishing trip and I would be charged about $100. Today, it’s almost twice that, plus to now they even charge to wash the engines as a separate charge. It’s all gone nutty

I told my wife that I would be willing to maybe buy a good used pontoon and just stay in the bay and out of the Gulf. She said that would be fine with her. She just likes to lay out on the deck and listen to music. We just need to get one with a shower and a galley. Very nice used pontoons are hard to come by. Most of them get beat up from people not caring and taking care of their boat. Then they complain when they don’t get a good trade in price.
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2020-custom-626sv-8273083/

Back