What have you bought recently?

I haven't needed to shop too much recently, other than ordering a pair of sneakers. Every night there is an outing to see if the stores have new fruit. Two new casual summer dresses would be nice, but I haven't found them yet.

I went shopping last week at the supermarket, Walmart and Dollar Tree. Besides groceries I bought a mint green foam bath mat plus other stuff at Walmart and DT (where we went to pick up the case of ammonia I ordered). But what I'm most pleased with is this picture frame. I found the 5 x 7 version of my birth mother's high school photo and put it in the old gold toned frame. I didn't think the frame did her picture or the decor any justice. I was hoping to find something that matched better at Walmart...and I did.

Carola Old Frame.jpgCarola New Frame.jpg

I went shopping last week at the supermarket, Walmart and Dollar Tree. Besides groceries I bought a mint green foam bath mat plus other stuff at Walmart and DT (where we went to pick up the case of ammonia I ordered). But what I'm most pleased with is this picture frame. I found the 5 x 7 version of my birth mother's high school photo and put it in the old gold toned frame. I didn't think the frame did her picture or the decor any justice. I was hoping to find something that matched better at Walmart...and I did.

View attachment 226879View attachment 226880
Very nice!

Co-incidentally Diva, I bought a picture frame today too... :D

On the way home from The Miniature Model Village I stopped off at the supermarket and next door is TKMaxx.. and I bought a picture frame where the actual frame border is made from Blue leaf tapestry, and is cloth... I don't know who to put in it yet, but for the sake of this picture I put one of me in it..
IMG-4670.jpg
it won't be staying on the sideboard.. but until I decide who and where, it will stay there...

I also bought this fake Vintage book... it's not only a fake vintage it's a fake book... it's a storage box in the style of a Vintage book, and I thought it looks nice on top of my yellow storage box on the sideboard

IMG-4674.jpg

Last edited:
I want you all to know how much we're paying for fuel here..today I got 3.26 gallons of unleaded petrol ( approx 14.82 litres) .. and it cost me a whopping £28..and change... I want to scream my head off... but what good would it do ?.. £28... is equivalent to US $34.34 cents.....
The last fill up cost me $70.00. Regardless my car is good on gas, the expense is unbelievable.

View attachment 226879View attachment 226880
Judging from this picture, your place looks so relaxing and comfortable too.

Our tomato plants are starting to fry in the excessive heat and sunshine so DH mentioned needing to head to the hardware store for shading cloth to put over them. Price: $40. Holy crow!

I asked him if white bed sheets would work. He said they would so I zipped over to a thrift store two miles away. Found two unmatched bottom sheets for $7.98 total and was in and out in less than five minutes. SCORE!

They cover the plants nicely. :cool:

Co-incidentally Diva, I bought a picture frame today too... :D

On the way home from The Miniature Model Village I stopped off at the supermarket and next door is TKMaxx.. and I bought a picture frame where the actual frame border is made from Blue leaf tapestry, and is cloth... I don't know who to put in it yet, but for the sake of this picture I put one of me in it..
IMG-4670.jpg
it won't be staying on the sideboard.. but until I decide who and where, it will stay there...

I also bought this fake Vintage book... it's not only a fake vintage it's a fake book... it's a storage box in the style of a Vintage book, and I thought it looks nice on top of my yellow storage box on the sideboard

IMG-4674.jpg
I like..I like! :love:

Ack! I just ordered two swimsuits from QVC shopping channel. One was in the 30s dollar range and one in the 40s. I didn't want to go store shopping and I needed to size up one since I know I gained weight. One I liked yesterday was sold out in my size today so I thought I'd better place that order. I'm also going to look at the thrift stores tomorrow. Once I have a suitable suit, I'll go join the gym.

Our tomato plants are starting to fry in the excessive heat and sunshine so DH mentioned needing to head to the hardware store for shading cloth to put over them. Price: $40. Holy crow!

I asked him if white bed sheets would work. He said they would so I zipped over to a thrift store two miles away. Found two unmatched bottom sheets for $7.98 total and was in and out in less than five minutes. SCORE!

They cover the plants nicely. :cool:
I hope you got fitted sheets..they work the best

Well I know prices have risen greatly in supermarkets, and even Aldi where I buy my basic items like Milk, Bread and TP etc have risen too... but I couldn't really complain today... I decided instead to buy all my groceries there that I needed for the store cupboard and fridge, instead of going elsewhere... and for £18 and change I got...

Hand of Bananas
8 Litres of skimmed milk ( approx 14 pints)
Pack of 4 cheese and red onion focaccia breads
Large White Bloomer Loaf
2 litres each of Coke and Fanta Orange
Pack of 10 Choc Swiss rolls
500g ( approx 1 pound) of white Grapes
Large jar of Mayo
Butter
300g ( almost 1/2 pound) pack of Bacon
German Baked Ham
Mixed Bistro salad leaves..
Box of 12 min packs ready to eat raisins
Sweeteners

Bought a replacement electric nail file kit. $27 at Walmart. I’m not expecting top quality.
Ordered new glasses so they will be a couple of weeks to process.
Took large bags of clothes and jewellery to my favourite thrift store and left without buying anything. Bummer.

Back