What have you bought recently?

Popped into a dollar store for $4 readers. Left $18 later. Just went and look at the receipt to see what I did buy. I would have sworn some of these had a lower price tag on the shelf - wash clothes, ice cube tray for small cubes, cotton hankies. My fault for digging out my shopping bag rather than watching the prices. I like to have an emergency hankie in my winter coats. Usually everything there is small except this time; they’re 12” squares.

@Pinky I always worry about putting the item together after I knit it. This book has detailed instructions however and are knit flat which is good for me. I can knit better than crochet and that's not saying much. :) I tend to have some trouble with my tension and crochet, especially with small items. That was good of you to donate.

I did knit the mushroom so far. And I'm OK with it.
View attachment 240925
@Remy

That is so cute! I had problems with tension whenever I tried to learn to knit .. so, I understand your tension problem with crochet.

There are nicer patterns for knitting than crochet .. at least, that's what I always found.

@Pinky I always worry about putting the item together after I knit it. This book has detailed instructions however and are knit flat which is good for me. I can knit better than crochet and that's not saying much. :) I tend to have some trouble with my tension and crochet, especially with small items. That was good of you to donate.

I did knit the mushroom so far. And I'm OK with it.
View attachment 240925
So cute!

Popped into a dollar store for $4 readers. Left $18 later. Just went and look at the receipt to see what I did buy. I would have sworn some of these had a lower price tag on the shelf - wash clothes, ice cube tray for small cubes, cotton hankies. My fault for digging out my shopping bag rather than watching the prices. I like to have an emergency hankie in my winter coats. Usually everything there is small except this time; they’re 12” squares.
Was that the 99 cent store because I've noticed that it's, some dollar amount, and 99 cents. And of coarse the dollar store is $1.25 now. And I believe you about the pricing. :(

I BOUGHT SOMETHING !!!!!! 😏😏😏.
Just spent $2000.00 this morning…….my property taxes…….so I can live in my house for another year.
Failure to pay property taxes……the town takes your house. 🙄😕😏😒.
Yeesh. I'm glad you were ready and get to keep your house. ♥

Was that the 99 cent store because I've noticed that it's, some dollar amount, and 99 cents. And of coarse the dollar store is $1.25 now. And I believe you about the pricing. :(
Not the 99 cent store. Truthfully, I don’t know the name. 😆 There are four different stores within a reasonable distance and I just think of them in terms of what stores are around them. They should just name them ‘the less expensive for so much junk’ stores. Purchases have to be reviewed carefully.

The smashed screen on my phone set me back fifty quid today. There's another Aloha shirt in the pipeline, the fabric, along with the notions, that's the bits and bobs you need like lining, collar stiffeners, buttons thread et cetera, in case you are not familiar with sewing, which cost as much as a ready made shirt, only the fabric is far better quality than off the shelf shirts.

Talking of spending, i have just realised that I need to put some credit on my phone.

Just bought 2 of these , one in red, the other in Navy blue...

1664220562336.jpeg
travel-electronics-accessories-organizer-bag-waterproof-cable-original-imagg54jw7dmmgpy.jpeg
51pHRu5KZsL._SL500_.jpg

travel electronics accessories organiser bags.. .. I'll use them mainly around the house as well as the occasional travelling..

The cordless extension phone in our house packed up so we bought another Panasonic one. The sound quality was so bad that we had to return it to the shop. We then bought a BT phone, but it was just as bad, and the wireless signal wouldn't travel between rooms. It's going back tomorrow. This leaves us with our old Philips phone which works perfectly, but has been superseded. In desperation I looked on eBay and found a used set of the Philips phones so I'm buying that. Hope they work OK.

Apparently landline phones as we know them are being replaced by 2025 with VoIP phones. Yea, sure. They've been promising us fibre broadband for years, but there's no chance of it coming. We use a 4G mobile network for internet, but wanted to retain a home phone too.

@Capt Lightning It’s the same thing in Canada. A few years ago we replaced our home phone with a couple of different brands that had terrible sound. Finally found a similar Panasonic set online. Still not the same quality as the original. I prefer to just use my cell phone because it has better sound. LD to the US is included in our very inexpensive internet package.

A mattress. I've been sleeping on rubber mats on the floor or ground for years (off and on). But the past couple of weeks, my back has been bothering me. I believe it can be remedied through exercise, but that might take a while.

Only one furniture store in town. I paid CAD 300 plus tax. If I stay here for 2 years, that's less than 50 cents a day. Not too terrible.

Today I brought it home in my car and struggled it up the stairs. This evening I'll set it up and try it out.
You can sleep on rubber mats? Are you around 25? :ROFLMAO:

The cordless extension phone in our house packed up so we bought another Panasonic one. The sound quality was so bad that we had to return it to the shop. We then bought a BT phone, but it was just as bad, and the wireless signal wouldn't travel between rooms. It's going back tomorrow. This leaves us with our old Philips phone which works perfectly, but has been superseded. In desperation I looked on eBay and found a used set of the Philips phones so I'm buying that. Hope they work OK.

Apparently landline phones as we know them are being replaced by 2025 with VoIP phones. Yea, sure. They've been promising us fibre broadband for years, but there's no chance of it coming. We use a 4G mobile network for internet, but wanted to retain a home phone too.
We've had fibre broadband here for several years.. but I still have a BT cordless landline set.. which works fine

I bought a new Panasonic landline from Costco a couple of years ago. I really like it.
It came w/2 base phones and 3 hand held phones.

It has a speaker phone option on it, which I really like and use a lot.
my old 3 handset cordless phones were Panasonic.. had them for years.. then when they went wrong we couldn't find any Panasonics handsets with good reviews any more.. so we chose BT.. which is British Telecom for those who don't know...... I've had these now for about 10 years I think..

s-l500.png

Last edited:
Lately we've been focused on getting supplies, toys, etc for our new kitten. We're stocking up on food for her. My son shopped at Walmart and Petco. Then about 10 days ago, he took me and Deja (the kitten) to Petco so we could look around for ourselves. I wasn't that pleased with the cat toys but found this cute dog toy. The casket makes a crinkly sound, which really gets her attention and Dracula squeaks.
20220922_013442.jpg

I've also bought some things for me and Deja from Amazon. I bought dry kitten food the vet recommended and three bottles of body wash,
th-1883806753.jpgth-8263747.jpg

Lately we've been focused on getting supplies, toys, etc for our new kitten. We're stocking up on food for her. My son shopped at Walmart and Petco. Then about 10 days ago, he took me and Deja (the kitten) to Petco so we could look around for ourselves. I wasn't that pleased with the cat toys but found this cute dog toy. The casket makes a crinkly sound, which really gets her attention and Dracula squeaks.
View attachment 241568

I've also bought some things for me and Deja from Amazon. I bought dry kitten food the vet recommended and three bottles of body wash,
View attachment 241569View attachment 241570
Fromm is areally good brand, I used to buy it when I had just one dog. Now, I have the 3 can't fit it in the budget. Love the toy, my pups just tear them up so I don't buy them anymore. I went to the grocery last night, I was putting things away and big dog ran by. I turn to look and that darn dog had my cucumber. Guess he thought it was a stick!

Back