What have you bought recently?

Fromm is areally good brand, I used to buy it when I had just one dog. Now, I have the 3 can't fit it in the budget. Love the toy, my pups just tear them up so I don't buy them anymore. I went to the grocery last night, I was putting things away and big dog ran by. I turn to look and that darn dog had my cucumber. Guess he thought it was a stick!
My son went to a store a few towns away on his way home from work that sells Fromm products. They didn't have the kitten gold so he got two bags of different flavored dry food. Tomorrow will be a week I'm sitting home waiting for my delivery of kitten gold and I'm not happy about it. My vet said it might be hard to find but I found it on Amazon. That 3 day delivery is turning into possibly 8 days. 😖

From what I can see, all cat food is expensive, so I can imagine it's the same with dog food. One brand of 5.5 oz can of kitten food was $2.59. We got the brand that was $1.29 for the same size can but supply was limited. I also picked up a 6 can pack of 3 oz cans, just for variety. That was close to $11. I won't be buying that again. My BFF, also a former cat owner, and I were talking about the cost of food today. She theorized that the expense is why so many animals wind up being abandoned. People see these cute kittens and puppies and don't realize how much it costs to maintain them.

Well, I didn't so much buy a snowblower. This morning when I got up, washed my face and got all the eye yuckiness out of my eyes and drank some coffee and I looked on Craigslist at all the free stuff, that is what I usually do. I saw a free snowblower Greenworks 80 Volt Lithium battery powered one. The Craigslist picture said that he was cleaning out his garage and put stuff in his driveway that he didn't want no more, to just come and take what you want. Well, I went to his home with my pick- em- up truck and put the snowblower and battery charger in the pick- em-up bed. No one came out to greet me and a dog barked at me, and then I said high back to him. I thought I would be grateful, so I wrote a note on a sticky-pad and said "Hi thanks for the snow blower I was born in the mid-last century, and it would come in handy" then I signed my name on it (Lawrence) you know. I took the note up to the door and saw a security camera so turned the note he could see it on his camera then I put the sticky-note on his window. ----- I went home and put the battery in the snowblower and it and it did not work. It was zilch, zero, nothing, so I said Well-Hum then put the battery in the charger, and it is charging as we speak. I took the snow blower by the front door where I sit and took a garden to wash all the dust off of it the by golly, I saw that it looked brand new, no scars, no crash scars. I looked up on the computer and saw that a new battery cost about 80dollars and I am saying Well-Hay-Hum well see. I suppose if the snow blower does not work, I will return it to him (like we do at Walmart) and put the snow blower and battery back in his driveway and it will be all nice, shiny, and cleaned up.

Last edited:
Fromm is areally good brand, I used to buy it when I had just one dog. Now, I have the 3 can't fit it in the budget. Love the toy, my pups just tear them up so I don't buy them anymore. I went to the grocery last night, I was putting things away and big dog ran by. I turn to look and that darn dog had my cucumber. Guess he thought it was a stick!
I buy Acana dry food for my Pomeranian. She’s a real foodie though and will eat just about any brand. I buy her toys at Dollar Tree. There isn’t a big selection but that has not been a problem as her favorite is the first one I got for her - an orange cat. Enjoy your new baby!

I'm waiting for an Amazon order.. my online page says "a delivery agent has been assigned to your shipment." I've never heard of this before.. is anyone here familiar with it?
Yes, I have, twice recently. Both times it was when the package was not delivered as promised and experienced a "delay". Both times it arrived the same day that the "delivery agent" was assigned. I think the agent is a euphemism for the delivery person.

Where's @hollydolly? She just posted on the what are you doing thread and has been out and about (oot and aboot to Canadians and Yoopers) and spent money on stuff and she's not here telling us about it :mad:

Furthermore, she got her hair cut!

I, for one, want to hear about her adventures.
you hear about my adventures on the 'how was your day ' thread, you mad woman..lol... :ROFLMAO:....

Today I bought myself a Haircut and blow dry as you've all seen already I'm sure..3 inches off , and longer layers..
IMG-6064.jpg
... and
IMG-6076.jpg
bought 2 pairs of ankle boots, beige and black suede heeled.. I tried the beige on(taupe).. they fitted fine, didn't bother with the black.. guess what ?.. they're too tight... so they have to go back.. I'll keep the beige tho'.. bought some ceramic pumpkins for the livingroom Autumn decor.. got them in white, black and orange...

Also got a fur lined pair of leggings.. only £7 , to wear indoors when the nights get chilly..

IMG-6078.jpg
..new silver chain...
IMG-6083.jpg
...and then dropped into Aldi on the way home to pick up the basics.. bread, Milk.. and beer & cake ...mile has risen 17p per litre overnight..

you hear about my adventures on the 'how was your day ' thread, you mad woman..lol... :ROFLMAO:....

Today I bought myself a Haircut and blow dry as you've all seen already I'm sure..3 inches off , and longer layers..
IMG-6064.jpg
... and
IMG-6076.jpg
bought 2 pairs of ankle boots, beige and black suede heeled.. I tried the beige on(taupe).. they fitted fine, didn't bother with the black.. guess what ?.. they're too tight... so they have to go back.. I'll keep the beige tho'.. bought some ceramic pumpkins for the livingroom Autumn decor.. got them in white, black and orange...

Also got a fur lined pair of leggings.. only £7 , to wear indoors when the nights get chilly..

IMG-6078.jpg
..new silver chain...
IMG-6083.jpg
...and then dropped into Aldi on the way home to pick up the basics.. bread, Milk.. and beer & cake ...mile has risen 17p per litre overnight..
What hair products do you use? Do you take biotin supplements? My hair used to look like that but it just keeps getting thinner, falling out. It is so frustrating. Anybody? Anybody? what to do?

I used to take Biotin separately .. but now I only take a Super Vit B 12 supplement one a day.. and D3 with Vit K...
My hair is very fine.. much finer than it ever was... I'm thinking of having it cut short..

Upload a photo of your hair , and lets' have a look...:)

I used to take Biotin separately .. but now I only take a Super Vit B 12 supplement one a day.. and D3 with Vit K...
My hair is very fine.. much finer than it ever was... I'm thinking of having it cut short..

Upload a photo of your hair , and lets' have a look...:)
I don't have a way to take a digital picture of my hair. It is all one length, a little longer than shoulder length. I also have have been thinking of cutting mine short. Since it has thinned so much, I thought that would be a good way make it look thicker. I do have the advantage of wavy/curly hair to add volume.

I bought a new keyboard and mouse for my computer because I wore out the original ones. I bought just the run of the mill plain Jane ONN version. I am so happy that my A key does not stick and the little rolling wheel on the mouse works. One added bonus for me was that the keyboard is bigger and has larger letters and the mouse is bigger also. Big Keys for big fingers are the only way to go along with a big He-Man Mouse.

I bought a new keyboard and mouse for my computer because I wore out the original ones. I bought just the run of the mill plain Jane ONN version. I am so happy that my A key does not stick and the little rolling wheel on the mouse works. One added bonus for me was that the keyboard is bigger and has larger letters and the mouse is bigger also. Big Keys for big fingers are the only way to go along with a big He-Man Mouse.
LOL...but didn't you already say you were only a little guy ?:sneaky::LOL:

Yesterday a drop off at the thrift shop also meant a pickup. Spent $35 for 6 items.

Today I bought a couple of Maybelline products to give some colour and shape to my fast becoming invisible brows. The one is a powder in a sponge, the other a wax that may help control all those hairs that want to go every other direction.

The wax seems like a safer alternative to brow lamination. I saw the sign for this in salon window. Here’s what it is.
https://www.allure.com/story/brow-lamination-trend-photos

Also bought some marmalade, fruit slice (candy) and crusty bread. I was hungry for wienies and beanies. The wieners cost too much so I refused to buy them. Whoever thought that wieners would become expensive.

Wienies and beanies? 😆 You're cute, lol! 😊
I will confess, I also get a craving for beanie weenies sometimes. Most often during the winter months. My Mom made them for us when I was little. True the cost of a good hot dog has gone crazy. I prefer Oscar Meyer beef dogs. I just freeze them 2 per container or bag. Campbells pork n beans are the go to for the beans in my house.

This was "discontinued, out-of-stock, don't know when or if it'll ever be back in stock" and then Amazon finally got it again & it arrived today, yay!:

Untitled.jpg
I already had one of these without the removable, extendable pole and just love it; that kind of clothing-iron handle on it is the most comfortable I've ever used for my little, old, arthritic hands, mainly to clean our granite shower with. And now I've got the one with that convenient removable pole so less bending over.

This was "discontinued, out-of-stock, don't know when or if it'll ever be back in stock" and then Amazon finally got it again & it arrived today, yay!:

View attachment 242089
I already had one of these without the removable, extendable pole and just love it; that kind of clothing-iron handle on it is the most comfortable I've ever used for my little, old, arthritic hands, mainly to clean our granite shower with. And now I've got the one with that convenient removable pole so less bending over.
I want one of those, will you buy me one for Christmas ? :p

I returned a pair of boots which I bought a couple of days ago (the day I had my hair cut). Hadn't tried them on in store and they didn't fit when I tried them at home.. thank goodness I did try them, I have a habit of buying footwear and not wearing them for months then it's too late to return them..

..then today I bought a beautiful Emerald colour Pashmina ..and a pair of Straight leg jeans.. I have lots of jeans but they all skim the top of my flat shoes or trainers, they're not long enough to wear with heels, so I had to get some another 2 inches longer than those I already have

Back