What have you bought recently?

I tell you one of the coolest things I saw on Temu..never seen one before, and watching the video of the woman who bought one, and her delight in it.. was an apron for people who own chickens ( as this woman did).. the apron had all indivdual pockets in it too hold a single eggs after collecting...

Egg collecting apron

there's loads of different styles as well... More egg aprons
That's ADORABLE! Wish I could figure out a way to use one!!!

That's ADORABLE! Wish I could figure out a way to use one!!!
yes me too..lol....here's one for Oirish Burds...:ROFLMAO:

947710eb5e5333ed00994ec9796fdb27.jpg

OK - just spent about 20 minutes going down the TEMU rabbit hole. The site is so chaotic - too many things shown at once - that it kicks my ADD into overdrive. I'll have to go to it when I actually need to purchase something and specifically look for it.

Thanks for the advice. I can see how jewelry, electronics, clothing and make-up would be risky buys, but some household items might be a better move.

OK - just spent about 20 minutes going down the TEMU rabbit hole. The site is so chaotic - too many things shown at once - that it kicks my ADD into overdrive. I'll have to go to it when I actually need to purchase something and specifically look for it.

Thanks for the advice. I can see how jewelry, electronics, clothing and make-up would be risky buys, but some household items might be a better move.
OH yes they are for sure....I do the same thing.. I specifically put an item in that I'm looking for.. and then hit lowest price first... then I can pretty much see what I want .. but you do get easily drawn down the rabbit hole, which is how I got to see some of the things I didn't know I needed lol..

..like I said..it's saved me probably quite a bit of money by watching the Temu hauls from people on Youtube, where I can see for myself that a lot of it is no good, even if the buyer themselves think they've got a bargain..

....but the best advice I can give you is if you find anything that might be sold on Amazon also..is to compare the 2..price for price and read the amazon reviews.. .

Ordered Laundry Love by Patric Richardson. It’s now in paperback. Still overpriced but less than the hard copy. I have the Kindle version but found it difficult to search in. I wish I could give the Kindle version to my granddaughter.

OH yes they are for sure....I do the same thing.. I specifically put an item in that I'm looking for.. and then hit lowest price first... then I can pretty much see what I want .. but you do get easily drawn down the rabbit hole, which is how I got to see some of the things I didn't know I needed lol..

..like I said..it's saved me probably quite a bit of money by watching the Temu hauls from people on Youtube, where I can see for myself that a lot of it is no good, even if the buyer themselves think they've got a bargain..

....but the best advice I can give you is if you find anything that might be sold on Amazon also..is to compare the 2..price for price and read the amazon reviews.. .
You are a shopper and bargain hunter extraordinaire!
I've never been led astray by your suggestions so I am taking this one to heart, as well.

I worked this morning so didn't buy anything. Need to deposit my "big money" check this afternoon so it's entirely possible that I'll spend some money. Or not. When we go out, I'll get five more bags of the Scott's mulch that's on sale but using what's left on a gift card so that doesn't count as "spending" because the card is already paid for.

Went to credit union and turned that check into money in my account. Didn't stop for the mulch because DD was driving DSIL's car, which is newish and didn't want to put dirty sacks in there. Tomorrow after work we'll get the mulch.

And didn't spend any money. Nope. It's still safely tucked away at the credit union.

I tell you one of the coolest things I saw on Temu..never seen one before, and watching the video of the woman who bought one, and her delight in it.. was an apron for people who own chickens ( as this woman did).. the apron had all indivdual pockets in it too hold single eggs after collecting...

Egg collecting apron

there's loads of different styles as well... More egg aprons
I showed my husband the apron - he loved it, too.

I ordered this one and will wear it to have fun with the grands and other little kids who come here. Can put little things in the pockets - candy and other little goodies. Will also be a hoot for the annual Easter egg hunt!

Egg apron.JPG

I was like @Jules, determined but weak. We stopped at the garden center to get the mulch that's on sale. A carload of plants and two shepherd's hooks later...

In my defense, some of the plants and one of the shepherd's hooks are DD's. And she kept saying "Why don't get that?" and "This would look good in that green pot" and "These white geraniums would pair nicely with..."

And we remembered to get the mlulch.

I spent some money. USD money. Payday is tomorrow, though, so it's all good. Right?

Well, I was determined, but I’m weak. Walked past a thrift store and went in to just browse. So many things caught my eye. I left with 4 like-new Corelle bread and butter plates. They were like new. $3.21. Today I’ll be strong.
Yesterday I got a bunny figure, a puzzle (still sealed), a book, a ball of yarn and a large stainless spoon. That's all my thrifting for this week. More next.

Back