What have you bought recently?

I purchase nearly everything online from eBay, Amazon, Google shopping and Etsy by price comparison. I also use the app Honey to get the lowest price. For eBay auctions I use a bid sniper to put in latest, highest bid.

Last edited:
I've been debating purchasing a washer and dryer from Lowe's online to have delivered & installed but I'm a bit leery.
We bought LG washer and dryer from Lowe’s about 8 months ago. We’ve never had problems with LG but this set has been a real loser. Had it 4 months, moved, and it flooded our laundry and kitchen. Insurance has only paid 600 towards floor replacement and LG has refused to pay anything.

I bought a new handbag insert/organiser.

I have load of handbags, far more than I need now I'm not working outside of the home anymore..so I've decided to cut back on them even more..( I've already donated loads a few months ago).. but I felt that by having the organiser it's easier to have less handbags when I can just transfer the contents of one straight into another easily.. :D

We bought LG washer and dryer from Lowe’s about 8 months ago. We’ve never had problems with LG but this set has been a real loser. Had it 4 months, moved, and it flooded our laundry and kitchen. Insurance has only paid 600 towards floor replacement and LG has refused to pay anything.
Will remember this story if ever we need another washing machine and dryer set.

Recently I bought a suit for hubby from a family owned shop in a nearby town. There is not a lot of choice in our area for plus sizes in men's dresswear so I was really glad to find this place. Surprisingly there was quite a good selection and many items were on sale.

This purchase is part of an insurance claim regarding smoke damage done to our home last year. The dry cleaners that the insurance company used to clean our clothing lost some items believe it or not.

The owner of the shop was also glad for the business. They said they have been struggling for some time now and wasn't sure how much longer they would be able to stay open. While there we also bought some other items hubby could use.

@Lashann...wow!! It Beggars belief that the dry cleaners which the Insurance company recommended lost your clothing... :eek: excellent tho' that you were able to help a struggling business ( sorry you had smoke damage to your home)

We're going to change insurers once the claim is finally settled as we haven't found our insurance company easy to work with to say the least.

Will remember this story if ever we need another washing machine and dryer set.

Today, the brand name on appliances doesn't mean much. The parts come from all over the world - whatever is cheaper for the manufacturer.
But, I bought "Speed Queen" washer & dryer a few years ago. It's a commercial brand, used in apartments, condos, laundromats, etc. Simple design, no computerized lights, motor gears are steel instead of today's plastic, 25 year warranty.

Today, the brand name on appliances doesn't mean much. The parts come from all over the world - whatever is cheaper for the manufacturer.
But, I bought "Speed Queen" washer & dryer a few years ago. It's a commercial brand, used in apartments, condos, laundromats, etc. Simple design, no computerized lights, motor gears are steel instead of today's plastic, 25 year warranty.
Love reviews like yours!

Thanks for mentioning, Win.

For the Iongest time now I had a sneaking suspicion that name brands don't stand for what they once did.

I bought a taller doggie gate for puppy Daisy.

My attempt to modify the old one to make it taller was a dismal failure.
We will see if she can jump over this one when she is put in the kitchen (jail) for being naughty.

She is our fifth Bichon and none of the others ever jumped over the gate before even at its original height. I added about five inches to its height and she still jumped over it about 45 seconds after I did it which was rather insulting to my little engineering ego.

But Lord I love this little energetic, playful. self propelled bundle of entertainment.

Micka, what are you doing with all of the stone?
In the backyard, i killed off some grass, about, 24ft x 10ft, put the stones on top, set in 3 raised garden frames, and have some small metal wash tubs, will put them there for planting as well.
My backyard is full of buried lines......so therefore, i'm restricted, and i don't have to bother with a tiller, frames are 15 in high, easier on the back.

In the backyard, i killed off some grass, about, 24ft x 10ft, put the stones on top, set in 3 raised garden frames, and have some small metal wash tubs, will put them there for planting as well.
My backyard is full of buried lines......so therefore, i'm restricted, and i don't have to bother with a tiller, frames are 15 in high, easier on the back.
Oh, wow, do I ever love the sounds of that! And easy, no-fuss maintenance!

I'm actually impressed with the high street Big Box stores online, where we would usually buy instore. The stores have all re-opened after 3 month lockdown, but instead of buying from Amazon, we're buying from the Big stores online instead of in person , and have found them to have a faster and much better delivery service.
For example I ordered something a few days ago at mid-day, it was here at 3.30pm... tomorrow I'll be getting a delivery of a new freezer, they will deliver in the morning, unpack, set the freezer where I want it in the shed, then take my old freezer away!!

I'm actually impressed with the high street Big Box stores online, where we would usually buy instore. The stores have all re-opened after 3 month lockdown, but instead of buying from Amazon, we're buying from the Big stores online instead of in person , and have found them to have a faster and much better delivery service.
For example I ordered something a few days ago at mid-day, it was here at 3.30pm... tomorrow I'll be getting a delivery of a new freezer, they will deliver in the morning, unpack, set the freezer where I want it in the shed, then take my old freezer away!!
I want a new freezer 😢

Back