What have you bought recently?

I agree with you about Temu, @hollydolly ... been loving it and I've found some awesome deals. For the issue of not trusting them with credit card, my fix was an easy one. I buy $100 and $200 Visa gift cards to use online. When there's just a couple of dollars left on them, I buy an Amazon gift card with them and put it into my account, so never a penny lost.

I agree with you about Temu, @hollydolly ... been loving it and I've found some awesome deals. For the issue of not trusting them with credit card, my fix was an easy one. I buy $100 and $200 Visa gift cards to use online. When there's just a couple of dollars left on them, I buy an Amazon gift card with them and put it into my account, so never a penny lost.
Yep... can't go wrong then..IMO...

My car ...

my-car-2020.jpg
my-car-ford-2022-HD-1.jpg

Wow, and it gets that kind of milage?! I am shocked. I am jealous for sure.
touch wood... I have been extremely lucky with that little car since I bought it...Christmas I had to pay £1100 on repairs ( exhaust & brakes).. but aside from Tyres about 4 years ago.. I've really not had to pay much on it.. that car owes me absolutely nothing.. I'm pedantic about ensuring that as soon as something goes wrong i have it fixed, and also have regular servicing..

The Ironic thing is.. that because it's so old, it's worth less than what I paid for in repairs.. but hopefully those repairs will keep it going for a while yet.

Last edited:
Last thing I purchased was a new Book out on UFOs by Garrett M. Graff for my brother, from amazon, and stated it was a gift and gave them his address-
my brother is very interested in UFO stuff.
Then I noticed this same writer had a new book at amazon on Watergate! I have always read all I could on Watergate and have many photos from the Watergate, when I took my kids to Washington DC. ( I thought Alexander Haig was Deep Throat and am still stunned to know Mark Felt, former Deputy Director of the FBI, was Deep Throat!)

Last night the amazon package was delivered and here they sent me the UFO gift book they were supposed to send to my brother. I found, in the box with the gift note via amazon I had prepared to go with the Book!

I can easily mail the book to him myself but am surprised at their error.

It just seems that nothing works like it used to-and I have sent amazon purchases as gifts before, with no problems.

The Watergate Book has almost 800 pages! To me that is like a Surf and Turf meal! YUM YUM.

I bought a book (I Declare is the title) by a retired Canadian customs inspector, serving for decades at an entry point along a highway crossing our border with the U.S. The author, Ron Walker, shares the inside story of the profession, and does a good job with his telling. It took only a short while to read a third of the book, since he relates countless fascinating incidents — one after the other. There's amusement in the details, and sometimes he's had me in stitches!

It helps that, while the author did take his occupation seriously, he comes across as a good-natured guy. I'll get back to the book sometime today.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the day the eagle :poop: into my checking account. Woohoo. I might spend some $$ tomorrow. This afternoon I'll have a look at the April budget. It never changes, but I'll look anyway because...it's what I do on Eagle:poop:Day:). Rocking Chair Money💰

For most occasions shorts probably aren't a Summer option once you pass a certain age.
Sure you can. Just buy some white socks and sandals. 😂

I buy $100 and $200 Visa gift cards to use online. When there's just a couple of dollars left on them, I buy an Amazon gift card with them and put it into my account, so never a penny lost.
Good idea.

Articulate your wishes, please. I'm not a mind reader, only a lottery winner ;)
Oh..no... I thought the sun shone from you... I thought you were capable of everything... my heroine.. she of the heavenly bakery club... I thought mind reading was the least of your talents.. I'm so disappointed... I had no idea you would let me down so badly... 😟

That reminds me. I have a pair in slightly off-white and another in a "sale sand" color. I've never worn them because I've been meaning to deal with hemming them. I've lost some weight so I'm sure they no longer would fit.

If such a thing is still in style for an old man maybe I need to look for some myself before they go out of stock. For most occasions shorts probably aren't a Summer option once you pass a certain age.
Get hemming @dilettante :) when the summer comes, you will be glad of them.

Like you, I wouldn't wear shorts outside of home other than a mid-knee length pair of denim shorts which I really like. I see quite a few older men wearing knee length shorts in the summer - chino style or cargo - and they look smart. Maybe try some on and see if you feel comfortable. Congrats on losing weight (y)

Amazon ordered some black off-brand walking/running shoes for just $32 including tax/shipping that arrived only to find they were size 11, thus not my men's size 8. Expect it was my own fault making a mistake during the ordering process. Amazon has forever been unsuccessfully pressuring me to join their Prime program. One thing they increasingly do during my ordering is even though my total dollar amount per order is above the free shipping threshold, at the final cart page I see no slower delivery free shipping option, just a gauntlet of Prime offers. So delete the item and repeat until free shipping shows. And that is where the size 8 I originally had selected probably reverted back to the default size 11, but didn't notice.

So for the second time ever as one that has ordered items online since earliest online era, went through the latest Amazon Return process that I was very impressed with. Even admitted in comment field I mistakenly probably ordered the wrong size. Walked 3 blocks to a Staples store with the opened package and shoes with my smartphone open to the Amazon response email that had a QR code. At Staples, the service person quickly scanned the code and without doing anything else gave me a receipt with store coupons. Back home, email from Amazon already had reimbursed my credit card. Then re-ordered the correct size 8.

71VU2qhP6HL._AC_SY695_.jpg

Also for less than $20 total to bring the shipment total above the free threshold, bought these higher audio quality Ludos brand wired earbuds I can highly recommend. I have high quality over the head band earphones at home and will use these outdoors. My previous other brand pair became intermittent at the bud attachment from years of movement (dancing :)) wire strain. How about that dazzling turquoise color gals! As someone decades in electronic hardware engineering am amazed at the design material quality of robotic machine produced products today.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P9HZ3G3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

LUDOS Ultra Wired Earbuds in-Ear Headphones, 5 Years Warranty, Earphones with Mic, Turquoise

61yOfAEmxHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon ordered some black off-brand walking/running shoes for just $32 including tax/shipping that arrived only to find they were size 11, thus not my men's size 8. Expect it was my own fault making a mistake during the ordering process. Amazon has forever been unsuccessfully pressuring me to join their Prime program. One thing they increasingly do during my ordering is even though my total dollar amount per order is above the free shipping threshold, at the final cart page I see no slower delivery free shipping option, just a gauntlet of Prime offers. So delete the item and repeat until free shipping shows. And that is where the size 8 I originally had selected probably reverted back to the default size 11, but didn't notice.

So for the second time ever as one that has ordered items online since earliest online era, went through the latest Amazon Return process that I was very impressed with. Even admitted in comment field I mistakenly probably ordered the wrong size. Walked 3 blocks to a Staples store with the opened package and shoes with my smartphone open to the Amazon response email that had a QR code. At Staples, the service person quickly scanned the code and without doing anything else gave me a receipt with store coupons. Back home, email from Amazon already had reimbursed my credit card. Then re-ordered the correct size 8.

71VU2qhP6HL._AC_SY695_.jpg

Also for less than $20 total to bring the shipment total above the free threshold, bought these higher audio quality Ludos brand wired earbuds I can highly recommend. I have high quality over the head band earphones at home and will use these outdoors. My previous other brand pair became intermittent at the bud attachment from years of movement (dancing :)) wire strain. How about that dazzling turquoise color gals! As someone decades in electronic hardware engineering am amazed at the design material quality of robotic machine produced products today.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P9HZ3G3?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

LUDOS Ultra Wired Earbuds in-Ear Headphones, 5 Years Warranty, Earphones with Mic, Turquoise

61yOfAEmxHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Are those the type of shoes you can step into?

A DIL asked me to pick up white Corelle plates if I saw any at a thrift market. Today I found 2 of the large size. $3.
I looked for the 7" white Corelle plates in the thrift store for the longest time. I finally bought two in a regular store then of course, four showed up at the thrift. Now I have plenty to go with my Corelle set. Good for a sandwich and pickle and good for grandkids.

At least the product description tends to say so. After the new pair arrives will see. The single piece rubbery shoelace structure would tend to provide that kind of feature.
I have been eyeing the Sketchers step in type. Would be nice to have some stable shoes for inside but I'm in and out of them going outside. I like that price better than Sketches for that use.

I bought a book (I Declare is the title) by a retired Canadian customs inspector, serving for decades at an entry point along a highway crossing our border with the U.S. The author, Ron Walker, shares the inside story of the profession, and does a good job with his telling. It took only a short while to read a third of the book, since he relates countless fascinating incidents — one after the other. There's amusement in the details, and sometimes he's had me in stitches!

It helps that, while the author did take his occupation seriously, he comes across as a good-natured guy. I'll get back to the book sometime today.
I see those Canadian customs inspectors on YouYube sometimes. It's pretty funny!

Back