What have you bought recently?

More van stuff. USB chargeable fans to augment the AC which I can tell is going to have a hard time keeping up with Mississippi heat and humidity. USB tiny globe lights. A flippin' $750 awning window that I didn't realize I'd left open before hitting the highway which broke the hinges because it did! flip open too far.

@AnnieA. A really handy light for your van are these LED that are designed for attaching to your books. Ours have a clamp or can sit on a table. We bought these many years ago at Costco. The batteries are still good. Also easy to carry if you have to walk around the campground after dark. They’re also handy when the house power goes out.

54001437-D438-4D68-8C34-0C621ECFAC4B.jpeg

Two pair of Skechers. One pair may have to go back- ordered those from the 'relaxed fit' line and may not fit well. I was just looking at the color, duh. I haven't put them on yet, but the first pair is great.

Also a large bag of dog treats came today.
I did exactly the same thing with sketchers a couple of weeks ago.. ordered the relaxed fit without noticing, and they're slightly too big.. slip ons so I can't tighten them either, but I've kept them, I'll just wear socks with them in autumn or winter...

I went to Walmart and bought a belt since all my others show signs of wear. The styles and sizes were all mixed up so it took a while to sort through the mess. My waist is 34" but the size belt for that waist is 36". So there was no mistake, I took a tape measure with me to make sure the holes were available for my waist size.

More van stuff. USB chargeable fans to augment the AC which I can tell is going to have a hard time keeping up with Mississippi heat and humidity. USB tiny globe lights. A flippin' $750 awning window that I didn't realize I'd left open before hitting the highway which broke the hinges because it did! flip open too far.
Is this an RV type van?

Is this an RV type van?

It is. It's a Winnebago Travato and I absolutely love it. It's a tiny home on wheels that fits in a regular parking spot and gets 15 mpg. It allows me to travel more with fibromyalgia since I can stop anywhere and rest. Also has been great for Covid. I got it in December and felt like the world expanded being able to get take out and have a clean restroom.

Last edited:
I didn't think about this as "buying something lately" but we just put our 5th wheel in the shop. $900 for a refrigerator problem. Oddly, that's a victory - if we had to replace the unit it would have been close to $3000 for fridge, parts and labor!

I just looked up the Travato - I've seen these at campgrounds. Very cute, compact, and has plenty of good features. Can you hook it up to water, power and dump station at campgrounds?

I just looked up the Travato - I've seen these at campgrounds. Very cute, compact, and has plenty of good features. Can you hook it up to water, power and dump station at campgrounds?

It has fresh water, gray water and a flush toilet with a traditional black tank. They hold less than a travel trailer or full-sized Class A obviously, but work the same.

Last edited:
A new bird feeder for another spot in the backyard.
For the past 2 years, we've had a pair of Cardinals visiting us.
Thought they were a male and female pair.
This spring, we noticed a new smaller one hanging around.
He is now bright red; so to celebrate new beginnings, a new feeder.
I just put up a bird feeder 3 days ago. How long before I can expect birds to find it?

I just bought a beautiful orchid and pink STC walking shoes on Amazon and got a real bargain and with tax they are only 37.00 I shall get them on Tuesday.

I'm excited about this and this may give me an incentive to walk more! Me and Suzy are going to take some nice, scenic walks in the park on the Lake. It's going to be so much fun! ❣️ :D

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I bought a lightweight blouse/jacket of many colours - the kind that you think will match with anything and then it’s impossible to find those colours. There were a couple of shades of lime green in it and that’s what I’ve been searching for. Found those two little tops today in the charity shop. Ah, should have tried that blouse on again. It’s a bit too big and I will now be donating it. May or may not keep the lime green shirts.

@AnnieA. A really handy light for your van are these LED that are designed for attaching to your books. Ours have a clamp or can sit on a table. We bought these many years ago at Costco. The batteries are still good. Also easy to carry if you have to walk around the campground after dark. They’re also handy when the house power goes out.

View attachment 167801
I have one like that but a different brand. I use it all the time.

Back