What have you bought recently?

yesterday I bought.. 3 summer tops .. and because of covid we're not allowed to try them on in store..I discovered when i got home 2 of them do not fit... so they have to be returned..annoying because the store is a 40 mile round trip...

Bought a little costume jewellery Diamanté and Pearl bracelet...

Talking of specs...I don't know if I mentioned it already, but I bought myself a pair of prescription specs online for the first time... .I'd hummed and haaad about it for years...

They were about a third of the price of my opticians.. but the customer service was not good, and I waited much longer and many phone calls to get them after the time they stated they would be ready, before they finally arrived..and altho' they're pretty the nose bridge is too tight so I can't wear them for long..

I'll stick to my optician in future...
We still can’t try on clothes either which is silly.

We still can’t try on clothes either which is silly.
I know, it's just nuts.... they're really hanging themselves by their own petard in the stores. If they want people to not buy online, to take the trouble to go to the stores.. they need to allow us to try clothes on..otherwise what's the point ?.. we may as well just buy online, try at home and return it all from the comfort of our own homes

I know, it's just nuts.... they're really hanging themselves by their own petard in the stores. If they want people to not buy online, to take the trouble to go to the stores.. they need to allow us to try clothes on..otherwise what's the point ?.. we may as well just buy online, try at home and return it all from the comfort of our own homes
The evidence is pretty clear that people are not spreading or contracting Covid from surfaces, but the hygiene machinations continue unabated. Limiting certain shopping norms made sense a year ago, but now that we know better it's time to do better.

I've been stressed out for weeks trying to find something nice to wear for my nephew,Jay's upcoming wedding over Labor Day weekend in Sept .
I don't own any skirts or dresses,haven't worn either in 10 yrs, couldn't find anything in the stores,all they have are summer items.
I found a skirt on the Land's End website,it came today,it fits,Thank God. I bought another skirt today as well.One less thing to worry about Sue

yesterday I bought.. 3 summer tops .. and because of covid we're not allowed to try them on in store..I discovered when i got home 2 of them do not fit... so they have to be returned..annoying because the store is a 40 mile round trip...

Bought a little costume jewellery Diamanté and Pearl bracelet...

Talking of specs...I don't know if I mentioned it already, but I bought myself a pair of prescription specs online for the first time... .I'd hummed and haaad about it for years...

They were about a third of the price of my opticians.. but the customer service was not good, and I waited much longer and many phone calls to get them after the time they stated they would be ready, before they finally arrived..and altho' they're pretty the nose bridge is too tight so I can't wear them for long..

I'll stick to my optician in future...
HD, I am thinking of getting an eyeglasses prescription and getting eyeglasses online. I've seen such nice ones for a lot less than the stores offline have but thats just the frames. I wonder how expensive they'd be if I got the prescription transition, bifocals with my other numbers too

HD, I am thinking of getting an eyeglasses prescription and getting eyeglasses online. I've seen such nice ones for a lot less than the stores offline have but thats just the frames. I wonder how expensive they'd be if I got the prescription transition, bifocals with my other numbers too
Well I have a high prescription Ruthanne..and with thinning... mine cost £120 online instead of around £250 in the opticians...so around half.

I'll take a pic of my the ones I got online ..later, and show you ...

if you a person has a low prescription then they can make a huge saving ..my o/h has a very low reading prescription and therefore he could get som respectable looking specs for about £10 online...but around £80 in the Opticians...however he's very designer orientated with regard to frames so he buys his at the opticians...

Last edited:
Women have been trying on clothes by pulling them over what they are already wearing. It is nuts! I've been seeing this for over a year now. Dressing rooms are still closed.
Some of our stores have removed their mirrors in the main store...and some have covered them up completely ..and all fitting rooms are completely closed..

Some of our stores have removed their mirrors in the main store...and some have covered them up completely ..and all fitting rooms are completely closed..
It does not make sense to me since Covid is transmitted by breathing and “they” said you can not catch it, as much as they thought, from surfaces. I thought CNN said things in the UK will remain closed another month due to the Delta (?) version. Is that true?

Back