What I couldn't get this week shopping

@Kaila Credit card? Well, it almost happened to the cat I had before her.

His name was Arthur. He needed a medication that the vet didn't have in stock. They gave me a prescription to fill for him at the pharmacy. The pharmacist listed him as "Arthur B.....", using my last name.

Apparently, the pharmacy sold it's customer lists. That's the only thing I can think of. Because a couple months later, he got an offer for a pre-approved credit card. I wanted to apply on his behalf,but my husband said it was a bad idea.

I still wonder if Arthur would have received his very own VISA...

@Autumn
I also wonder what Arthur might have purchased with it?
And what possible reason could your husband have had?

But nevermind, I think I've taken this thread too off-topic. We'd need a whole new thread for this concept.
:ROFLMAO:

(But thank you for the smile and laugh, for today, which i surely needed :) )

@Kaila Credit card? Well, it almost happened to the cat I had before her.

His name was Arthur. He needed a medication that the vet didn't have in stock. They gave me a prescription to fill for him at the pharmacy. The pharmacist listed him as "Arthur B.....", using my last name.

Apparently, the pharmacy sold it's customer lists. That's the only thing I can think of. Because a couple months later, he got an offer for a pre-approved credit card. I wanted to apply on his behalf,but my husband said it was a bad idea.

I still wonder if Arthur would have received his very own VISA...
Can you imagine the kafuffle had the pharmacy listed him as B. Arthur (as in Beatrice Arthur, otherwise known as Maude? LOL!

Not shopping, but at fast food places. Took my car in for its first "well car service" Basically to get it into the system, check the fluids, check for recalls etc. Decided to stop at the Burger King across the street for a breakfast sandwich to have while waiting. I asked for some breakfast sandwich on a biscuit. Apparently, due to interruptions in the supply chain, there were no biscuits available. So, I got one on a crossant.
Then yesterday I had been out running errands, and decided to stop at Sonic for my favorite drink there...Strawberry freeze. Nope. No strawberry until further notice. All other flavors available, to my knowledge. Got a grape, not as good. Again, supply chain.

I just use 2 cups water to 2 Tablespoons Clorox - put it in a spray bottle and use it for most all my disinfecting needs, countertops, stove, sinks, appliances, almost everything. When using on countertops, just spray or wipe it on and let it air dry.

I use a homemade bleach solution as well. You do have to make it fresh every day.

But I can't find Lysol aerosol spray or the equivalent and need that when spraying down purse, briefcase etc after working and shopping. Bleach solution won't work in those situations due to discoloration.

Can you imagine the kafuffle had the pharmacy listed him as B. Arthur (as in Beatrice Arthur, otherwise known as Maude? LOL!
Reminds me of one long ago that used customers' full names when calling them to the counter for an order. Imagine everybody's surprise when we heard "Marilyn Monroe! Is Marilyn Monroe here?" :oops:
Perhaps her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Monroe, should have thought of these situations before naming her 'Marilyn.' :cautious::LOL:

Reminds me of one long ago that used customers' full names when calling them to the counter for an order. Imagine everybody's surprise when we heard "Marilyn Monroe! Is Marilyn Monroe here?" :oops:
Perhaps her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Monroe, should have thought of these situations before naming her 'Marilyn.' :cautious::LOL:
Perhaps she married into the Monroe family. If named Marilyn, I wouldn't have even dated anyone with the last name Monroe, or would have changed my first name. If born with it, I'd likewise change my name or beg friends to help me figure out a nickname.

Being known as "the other" Marilyn Monroe would get very old very fast.

Jim Stewart isn't so bad, but Clark Gable would have also been a drag.

Somewhat OT, however - I used to frequent a Deli where a young woman was working there, who was a Dead-Ringer for Marilyn Monroe. It was uncanny. She looked like the 50's version of MM. I think the "beauty mark/mole" may have been fake.

I was so happy to receive an email from Chewy that my cat's food was in stock on the 16th. I ordered it immediately and the order arrived this morning! I filled my cats dish and they all took turns chowing down on it

That makes all of us happy!! :love::LOL:

Sometimes this is the disappointment thread, :confused::(
and at other times,
like this time, it's the Good News thread!
:ROFLMAO:

I did. They also are out of stock. I placed my email addy on their notification list for when it does become available again

I gave up on Chewy for now. They could not ship when promised and then FedEx is so far behind that it would take over two weeks for them to finally deliver. I hope things get back to normal sooner rather than later because they were so convenient before.

Do you know if the beef-related recalls were due to the virus spread amongst the meat-processing workers, or shipping difficulties with supply chain during epidemic,
OR if it was for some different reason altogether?

Went to the grocery store at 6 am today. I figured I'd get there early before it got picked over by people shopping for the weekend. Many bare shelves. I had to take substitutes on several items - like buying ginger ale instead of lemon lime soda. No sliced cheeses or cold cuts in the "grab and go" deli, no English muffins or artisan whole grain bread, just white and whole wheat. This store used to be open 24/7, but since the pandemic, they are open from 6 to 7am for senior and disabled shoppers and 7am to 10 pm for other shoppers. Seems they could use the "down" hours to re-stock the shelves.

Still no rubbing alcohol to be had anywhere in a reasonable distance. I may have to buy a bottle of vodka and use that to cool off.
Deb, what do you need rubbing alcohol for? I have almost no use for it and may buy a small bottle every 2-3 years. Hubby uses a bit in his workshop now and then, but that's about it.

Back