What I couldn't get this week shopping

What do you mean by summer miseries @debodun?

The older I get the more careful I am about what I use on my face. Nothing harsh. Usually just water - no soap. When it's very dry out I use a tiny dab of Olay Regenerist cream on my face.

@debodun, skin miseries can cover woes from sweating to insect bites, to heat rashes and more.
All you had to say was that you get skin eruptions in warm weather. I promise I would have taken your word for it. ;)

Sorry about the type of skin issues you're suffering with. They must be miserable indeed.

@debodun,

Sorry about the type of skin issues you're suffering with. They must be miserable indeed.

It's okay, they look worse than they feel. I know when thay are coming because I get sort of a tingling where they come out. After they "break", they aren't bothersome, only to someone looking at them. My uncle had shingles, but he was in great pain where they erupted. I try to use a dab of makeup to cover them when I am in public. A dermatologist said it's not contagious, but I wouldn't want to be next to someone with these spots.

Items not available at the food store is still hit and miss.....for reasons.....i don't......supply, i assume.
Magic Baking Powder, still a no go.....had to sub with a off brand.....see what happens.
FIG NEWTONS........out since April......got three pkgs this morning......sadly, weren't on sale, got them anyway.
Chicken breasts.......have always bought.......Grannies - skinless, boneless, seasoned, frozen......haven't been able to get them like forever, not really to do with Covid 19.....store had Co-op Sensibles skinless, boneless, seasoned, frozen......so i got a box, 4 kg, on sale......cooked a couple up, they're great !!!!!!!!....went back and got 2 more boxes, divided them up at 3 per pkg, still frozen, back in the freezer.
So happy with that find......one of my favorites to eat, almost daily......make all kinds of salads, pasta, a whole bunch of things, using them.
Flour seems to have caught up.

I checked in 4 local businesses today for rubbing alcohol on my way to the gastro appt. I did find a cache in Walgreen's, but a customer could only buy one. I said to the clerk, "Can I go out and come back in and get another?" She just smiled. On the way back I stopped at another Walgreen's 10 miles away and got another bottle, so this may last until the shortage is over. But by gosh, have the prices shot up. What was a 99¢ bottle 6 months ago is now $2.99. Also face & hand wipes that were $1.99 a package are now $4.99 - $6.99 depending on the variety and brand. They also had only 32oz. bottles of hydrogen peroxide, not the 16 oz. It will go bad before I use that all up.

I notice a paper shortage starting again in some stores, ugh.
Thank goodness I still have some toilet paper left. Hubby was able to find a huge package of our favorite toilet paper at Sam's. And I had bought 2 packages of 12 rolls at Walgreen's. But, hubby says he can't find a few items each time he goes to the grocery store. People continue to hoard. Can't find canned peaches and/or pears. No fresh white flesh nectarines or peaches either.

Thank goodness I still have some toilet paper left. Hubby was able to find a huge package of our favorite toilet paper at Sam's. And I had bought 2 packages of 12 rolls at Walgreen's. But, hubby says he can't find a few items each time he goes to the grocery store. People continue to hoard. Can't find canned peaches and/or pears. No fresh white flesh nectarines or peaches either.
And we have lots of those but could not get paper plates

When I was in Family Dollar this morning looking for rubbing alcohol, there was a stocker putting out packages of TP. Not was I was shopping for, however. I did a search on their web site and look at the departments they have listed for TP - party supplies & giftwrap...really? What kind of parties are these?

tp.jpg

The local store was out of their brand of diet raspberry ginger ale today. They had plenty of sugar laden, though. Not sure if brand name sodas have that flavor. I didn't even look. I consoled myself with some diet regular ginger ale and diet lemon-lime.

My usual grocery store has been out of Ball Park frozen hamburger patties for weeks. They don't even have an off-brand substitute. The dogs warned me they are thinking about going on strike. I did, finally, find them at Wally World and got two bags.

Not sure who i'm going to blame for this......but i'm sure i'll find someone.
Oikos Greek Yogurt.
Utmost favorite and the only one i buy.......plain with strawberry bottom.
Hasn't been available for about threes weeks......:(.
There was banana with chocolate bottom that i tried......loved it.
Grocery shopping yesterday.......now that one wasn't available.......:confused::confused:.
SO.
I got plain vanilla, and plain banana......not near as good.
SO.
I'll try some of the other Oikos Greek fruit on bottom.........sigh......

Doesn't this company that makes this kind........know that........I'm a CREATURE of HABIT........Don't like change.

Oikos Greek Yogurt.
Grocery shopping yesterday.......now that one wasn't available.......:confused::confused:.
SO.
SO.

Doesn't this company that makes this kind........know that........I'm a CREATURE of HABIT........Don't like change.
Have you ever tried Liberté yogurt, Micka?

I find it to be identical to the Oikos.

Oikos Greek Yogurt.
SO.
SO.

Same for us when we shopped at Costco. Only plain Oikos .. we like Key Lime and the fruit on the bottom flavours. Oddly enough, we get the Oikos at Shopper's Drug Marts. Their prices are reasonable, though some things cost more, and of course, they don't sell green produce. They do sometimes have bananas, grapes and berries.

Soft soap is becoming hard to find. I am afraid as the virus increases so will the shortages. I wonder if I should plug in the freezer, just in case? We seem to have lots of meat available still and we don’t each much. I just hate to load up too much. I bought a lot of soup but only because it was on sale at such a good price and gave some to my son.

Soft soap is becoming hard to find. I am afraid as the virus increases so will the shortages. I wonder if I should plug in the freezer, just in case? We seem to have lots of meat available still and we don’t each much. I just hate to load up too much. I bought a lot of soup but only because it was on sale at such a good price and gave some to my son.
After a couple of years of using soft soap I returned to the world of bar soap. Lasts a lot longer and is much cheaper. I had to teach my grandchildren how to use it. :D

I keep both soft soap and bar soap in the guest bathroom.

I wonder if I should plug in the freezer, just in case?

Don't think it would hurt to stock up, not just meat and not because of scarcity. I expect food prices to continue to rise over the winter due to weather events all over the globe. China has recently implemented a campaign against wasting food due to their extensive crop losses due to flooding over the summer. California's drought, the midwest (corn crop losses due to a derecho) are a few US areas that have been hard hit this year. Things you buy now at regular prices are likely to look like great sale prices through the winter and spring.

I think that using the freezer makes sense if you manage the contents.

If you buy for the freezer without a plan or strategy to use the contents it can end up being just another mouth to feed.

1603636301920.jpeg

Back