What I couldn't get this week shopping

Ordered a lot of stuff for the new baby (puppy) that arrives in a couple weeks. Got a 26” crate on Amazon (small size) which includes the crate cover, two bowls, a tug toy, two chew toys, and a bed insert. A puppy play pen which should fit her for six months at least. Variety of treats and toys. That darn stimulus check better come before the baby does. 😂

oh, dear, posted on the wrong place, sorry.

No store brand diet lemon-lime soda and no onions & peppers frozen stir fry mix. In fact, many shelves frozen food section had large empty spaces.

View attachment 147193
I try to grocery shop between Tues morning and Friday afternoon. Saturdays are crowded with people who can't get there during the week so I try not to add to the chaos, and many grocers don't get deliveries or stock shelves on Sundays because they don't want to pay premium labor rates. (I worked for a grocery chain for a couple of years many moons ago.)

You might have better luck shopping mid-morning mid-week, @debodun. ;)

I saw on numerous news programs that Grape-nuts cereal is very hard to find. I do not like it so that doesn't affect me.
Funny you mention not liking Grape Nuts.

I was a kid that liked everything, but never took to Grape Nuts. I ate it but didn't enjoy it like I did a bowl of oatmeal, Sunny-Boy cereal, or Red River breakfast cereal.

I saw on numerous news programs that Grape-nuts cereal is very hard to find. I do not like it so that doesn't affect me.
When I worked in Rhode Island I was introduced to Grapenut Pudding.

grapenut-pudding-recipe-1.jpg

https://newengland.com/today/food/desserts/puddings-custards/grapenut-pudding-2/

Other than some disinfecting products (which I don't buy anyway), for at least the past six months I haven't found stores to be out of stock on any more items than they might normally be out of.
Stores have always occasionally run out of stock, and they rejigger their offerings based on popularity, availability, shelf space and other factors.

Have there been recent pandemic related hoarding or runs on certain products in your areas?

What's up with string cheese? Aldi didn't have it and Food Lion only had a couple of packages...the most expensive brand of course. This has been fairly common for months now.

Back