What Is The Difference Between Amazon and Amazon Prime

Lee

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I recently made my first Amazon purchase and they automatically offered me a free trial to Prime which I refused as I do not know what it covers and do not see anything on their website relating to this. Maybe because it's in Canada or maybe they figure I should be bright enough to figure it out :rolleyes:

I assume you pay extra? and if so what do you get out of it?

I have Amazon Prime, which costs me $120 a year in my area. I do not order enough from Amazon to get great value from “Prime Delivery,” but marginally recoup my annual membership fee from using their video streaming channel plus the added access to Amazon music selections and the occasional e-book. If you use all features, Prime can be worthwhile...

I love Prime! I have had Prime for a number of years now and it has more than paid for itself. For instance, I buy coffee beans monthly there for $17.99 and ships free. The manufacturer sent me a coupon on FB for a discount to order from their website. The shipping made it about ten bucks more. I watch videos and movies from it every day. Plus I purchase CDs and with many of them I get free mp3s along with the actual CD and it is automatically put on my Kindle.

What @Sassycakes said. I love Prime and the no-fee the fast delivery. (Well, there is the cost of Prime, but who's lookin'?)

Prime is worth the extra price if you order a fair amount of products or have one of their subscription services. Most consumers that rarely use Amazon just sign up for Prime service, order what they need at that time then like they say you could without penalty you can cancel the Prime account within thirty days or two weeks or something like that.

Me too, because we buy a lot from Amazon and paying for Prime make it cheaper for us to have as many deliveries as we do.. and also with Prime generally speaking you get your goods delivered the very next day
Love Prime also. The fast delivery is great - many times the same day. And I've used the Kindle e-book service.
We have 3 Amazon Distribution centers in our area of Texas...
ETA... However a caveat.. not everything on Amazon is ''Prime delivery'' you have to remember Amazon is not one store, it's thousands of stores, and not everyone gives free delivery.. so always check that alongside the price there is a Blue '' Prime '' logo, to ensure your delivery will be free..
Before you shop Amazon Site, click on the Prime button to the left hand side, it will bring up the ship free products..

excellent tip...
Screenshot-2020-12-05-at-5-18-39-AM.png

Even though I don’t order much, I got the annual subscription. Where I am in BC it is considered a 2 day delivery zone. Not really, it has to get Vancouver and then it’s two days. Often my delivery takes a week for an in stock item. I think you’ll be fine, it’s just not the speed it is in the US.

Use the one month trial to see if you can hook up the Prime Streaming? I have a Smart TV that isn’t the brightest. We have to use a second remote rather than our regular universal for the TV/PVR. We found the fee was worth it for the shows.

Back