What Is The Most Cluttered Room In Your Home?

We don't clutter but the things we do have has a place and a purpose and even with that mindset we still ended up with items we haven't use for a long while. This past fall and winter I purged like crazy. It feels good.
The room with the most organized items is my daughters old bedroom which has become my computer,craft,sewing room, I spend a lot of happy hours in there.
My son stores many things in our garage from his cabinetry business. It doesn't bother me because it isn't mine and he will be the one to sort through it should we decide to sell or kick the bucket.

Ron and I hate clutter. There's really no room in the house that has accumulations of things like you're talking about. Things are pretty organized. There's a small storage area in the back of the garage/workshop that needs to be cleaned up and tidied some, but that's about it.
Same here.. Hubby and I don't care too much for clutter. His closet is more organized than mine.

I have a closet in my bedroom that is basically my "To Do - Projects" room. Currently my most important project is working out a method for actually getting *into* my closet. I have artwork (drawing, painting) projects in there, I have some old camping gear in there for if i ever go camping again. There is an old finger-weave hammock that still needs to be finished. There's needlepoint stuff, an old knot board I started when my dad was alive, some knitting projects and a crochet blanket that stares accusingly at me every time i look in the door. Gotta admit. I'm a craft store junkie.

Our media room. Too many pieces (very small) of left-over popcorn. I eat about 2-3 bags per week while watching parts of shows here and there.

I wouldn't say clutter, just a little messy. I think that's because I don't let the cleaning lady in there to clean. I am in charge of that room, so it rarely gets done. I need to do better.

Our media room. Too many pieces (very small) of left-over popcorn. I eat about 2-3 bags per week while watching parts of shows here and there.

I wouldn't say clutter, just a little messy. I think that's because I don't let the cleaning lady in there to clean. I am in charge of that room, so it rarely gets done. I need to do better.
Have you thought about getting a dog?

Have you thought about getting a dog?
Yes, I have. My wife said no. Her exact words were, ā€œNo more animals.ā€ She says every animal that has died has caused her a broken heart.

Our house is large, but the study is always the "default" stowage room...we've got no basement, but do have a 4 plus car garage and an upstairs garage a0tl so go figure. Never enough space...the other rooms are very open and not cluttered...hmmm...maybe that means put all the "clutterables" in the study? LOL

Mine is the spare bedroom, supposed to be a spare bedroom but there is no bed. It features bins of fabric, projects which will never get done, probably 40 jigsaw puzzles, a cat bed, cat not in the bed but he's in there somewhere, sewing corner unit covered with bits and pieces....the sewing machine is in there somewhere, pictures yet to be hung or donated, a wine rack, a small freezer, teddy bears and dolls which are yet to be finished, paint supplies etc. etc. etc.

I will straighten things out one day, for now I just close the door.

I have a spare bedroom like that, too. It also houses my vacuum, ironing board, dog food and other stuff that really doesn't fit anywhere else Also a large bag (started but not quite full yet) of stuff I plan to take to a thrift shop. I call it the junk room.

The hallway closet, where all nonessential things go and get forgotten.
Avalanches have been reported there ..
In my work (I'm an organizer) hall closets are LEGION!!! OMG you've all seen those movie clips where the person opens the hall closet door and gets buried in the avalanche of stuff? Yeah, well that happens in real life too. I've actually been cautioned by a client before I open the door!!!

And you know, so many of the things you all have mentioned here are MY job security! These are exactly the things I'll go into someone's home and take care of.

Not everyone has a cleaning lady.
Yes, I don't have one now...used to years ago when we were working. Actually the house is very easy to keep clean.
Has to do with the way its built (Hub built it) and its woods location. Have so many plants inside along the back it keeps the air clean inside, too. They say plants do that. Kids are driving down from Ohio with the dog for 2 weeks. They always want to help with anything we might need done. Been ditching a lot of stuff the last few years from when the "moms" lived with us.

Not everyone has a cleaning lady.
I do my own cleaning by choice, not by circumstance.

I've found over the years that it takes a certain amount of time and elbow grease to maintain any level of organization and cleanliness in my surroundings.

The only difference between maintaining a high level and a low level is the additional one-time effort to raise the bar.

The amount of time required to maintain each level is pretty much the same and in some cases, it actually takes less time and effort to maintain a neat clean home.

352db058d32a5b1ed4d4445f94bec159--clean-house-adventure.jpg

I have to have some semblance of order. Clutter does not fit with the clean and serene ambiance I require. I once painted a wall which was hardly even a slight hint from something I wanted to match and it drove me crazy! I had to change the whole decor. I don't think I'm a fanatic but I'm much more creative when style, shape, color, space and form are pleasing to my eye.
Creating ambiance in your surroundings is not just for you. Make a world where gods and angels want to come and visit.

Last edited:
Ron and I hate clutter. There's really no room in the house that has accumulations of things like you're talking about. Things are pretty organized. There's a small storage area in the back of the garage/workshop that needs to be cleaned up and tidied some, but that's about it.
I coulda wrote this

My lady is a clean freak
Not a speck of dust...anywhere
She sees dirt where it isn't to the normal human

I'm a tidy freak
Don't much care about dust

...of which explains why my lady sometimes looks at me like I'm just a huge chunk of dust when I come from the shop

Even if I wanted to have some clutter, in a studio apartment it would be a disaster. My storage locker downstairs is cluttered and stuffed. But I plan on spending some time down there soon to clean it out. I need to get rid of stuff I do not use. Soon!

Back