What Is The Real underlying Reason People Dye Their Hair?

My lady neighbor just died her hair brown with blond accents. She looks great now. She is a very attractive woman with a great figure and I think she is 8 or 9 years younger than me. She was fully grey/white and I admit her new color has really made her look desirable. So is that it? Is appearance to others and one's self the reason? To me men dying their hair is silly looking because it I so obvious much like a cheap toupee.
You hit the nail on the head.... she looks desirable. In my humble opinion.. I think that gray hair makes some women look a bit older. I am 60 and my edges are the only thing that is gray. I touch it up a bit. When I tell people my age they cannot believe it... sometimes I can't either.. lol.

I quit dying my hair a year ago.... decided I was old enough to 'look old' !! (and I love the freedom of that choice)
Funny thing though, I have been told by several people that I look 'younger' with silver/gray then I did as a brunette. .. Go figure.
I am sure I will get to that point.. but today is not the day and tomorrow won't be either... lol. But some women have beautiful gray hair and wear it very well.

Back