What is the super cheapskate habit you have?

When it comes to TP, I use Costco's Kirkland brand - not the cheapest, not the most expensive. It's kind to my body and kind to my bathroom pipes. When it comes to facial tissues, I've tried cheap brands and returned to Kleenex. It's bad enough to have a head cold - using cheap, scratchy tissues adds insult to injury and inflames the tender skin on and around my nose.

I've learned that price doesn't matter for some things, but others are worth plunking down an extra couple of dollars.
I agree about the luxury of Kleenex--I also buy them over the generic for the same reasons--softness and they don't tear so easily either.

I buy Aldi ''Softly' Tissues, they're even thicker than Kleenex and cheaper...

IMG-9605.jpg

I know of a man that will not buy any vehicle and instead walk or get ride from a friend before spending money. He has money but is real tight. He never had a vehicle in his life. Never been in a restaurant by himself. Eats only food pantry. This man is 75 years and in good health. I know of other people that is super tight but he's takes the cake.

I know of a man that will not buy any vehicle and instead walk or get ride from a friend before spending money. He has money but is real tight. He never had a vehicle in his life. Never been in a restaurant by himself. Eats only food pantry. This man is 75 years and in good health. I know of other people that is super tight but he's takes the cake.
Ugh... I'd be giving this user the air after a couple of experiences.

I used to have a leftover night by heating up all the leftovers together on a cookie sheet in the oven. So we would get a bit of this and that. I saved even the tiniest leftover for this.
LOL - I'd forgotten about doing something similar when the kids were growing up. We used to call it our "little of this and little of that" dinners. Some were heated in the oven, some lent themselves better to the stovetop or MW, some were foods meant to be eaten cold. It was a great way to clear the fridge of leftovers!

I was just shaving and realize I use a razor until I can actually see pits and holes in the blades and then I scrape my face with it one more time.
EDIT ...As an afterthought, I can't edit the heading but this is more about the silly things we do to be FRUGAL.

I do a lot of cheap things, but this is probably the best (or worst?)

When bar soap gets real thin, I rub it into a new bar while sudsy and let it dry so I can use it all up. I figured in 50 years I’ve saved about $1.38.

Dial, because of its curved surfaces, works the best.

Funny true story...a toothpaste company had a contest for employees for a sizable cash prize - on how to "increase usage" of the product.
A elementary age kid won the contest by saying simply "increase the hole"!
A number of years ago dishwashing liquid mfgrs adopted this "trick" for their bottle tops so you always ended up using more than you wanted or needed. As a result, I switched out the top and am still using the same smaller-hole dispense for my Dawn from like nearly 20 years now, I think. Fifteen for sure.

A number of years ago dishwashing liquid mfgrs adopted this "trick" for their bottle tops so you always ended up using more than you wanted or needed. As a result, I switched out the top and am still using the same smaller-hole dispense for my Dawn from like nearly 20 years now, I think. Fifteen for sure.
Very interesting! I have a dishwashing pump dispenser built into my sink and refill it from the giant bottle of Dawn. However, I will remember this little story. In my RV I use one of those little sample size bottles and refill it before we go out on a trip. I'll have to check the hole size on it.

Ah... the evil geniuses that abound in capitalistic societies.

I pour Dawn from the big bottle into a little sample bottle (that I have had since 1997). I think it makes me use less because I don't want to have to refill it soon.

I have always cut my paper towels in half before the manufacturers started making "select-a-size" ones. Now I tear the half size into a square...........don't know why I started doing this, but it seems wasteful to use a larger size than I need.

I pour Dawn from the big bottle into a little sample bottle (that I have had since 1997). I think it makes me use less because I don't want to have to refill it soon.

I have always cut my paper towels in half before the manufacturers started making "select-a-size" ones. Now I tear the half size into a square...........don't know why I started doing this, but it seems wasteful to use a larger size than I need.
I do the same thing with the Washing Up liquid ( our best seller Fairy)...dispense the Huge bottle which I get for much cheaper than a small bottle...and refill the little bottle..

I bought 4 Giant size bottle for £2.00 each.. the smallest bottle is £1.25 each.. the giant bottle holds around 750ml...I haven't had to buy Fairy for over a year.. and I still have 2 Giant bottles in the Store...

I bought 4 Giant size bottle for £2.00 each.. the smallest bottle is £1.25 each.. the giant bottle holds around 750ml...I haven't had to buy Fairy for over a year.. and I still have 2 Giant bottles in the Store...
I generally buy the 90 oz size from Costco (2.6 liters), but during the pandemic hoarding episode I was running very low and (of course) the Costco Business Center where I happened to be shopping that day ran out of that size. I wound up buying the gallon size for $15. (Dawn is one of the rare brands I'm loyal to.)

The 90 oz. size is $12, so the bigger one worked out a little cheaper per ounce. Fortunately I have a place to stash this lunker in my garage, but I won't be needing more Dawn for quite a while... o_O:p

Dawn.JPG

p.s. If you've never visited a Costco Business Center and there's one near you, it's worth the trip to get a look-see. Only about 50% of its merchandise is the same as a regular Costco. You can enter with any Costco card.

I just looked it up. (God bless Wikipedia.) Fairy Liquid and Dawn Liquid Dishwashing Soaps are essentially the same Procter and Gamble Product.
well waddyaknow......(y)...and I just checked my Big £2.00 Bottles and they are 1150ml each not 75 ml as I said before ... which 1.15 litres...

Making 3.45 litres £6.00

Compared to your Big Dawn.. at 3.87 Litre... we're getting our ''Fairy'' at around 1/2 of the price you paid for yours... .. Proctor & Gamble are making more money from the US housewife than here ...

Back