What is your typical at home wear?

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
For years my wardrobe was loosely divided into three broad categories: Dance wear (after 5 wear, but easy to dance in, a bit glitzy, lotta sparkly jewelry) work wear (depending on what I'm doing, either workout type clothes or jeans/capris with a pretty top...no tee shirts) and weekend wear, which was PJ's till I took my morning shower, and then leggings or jeans or sweats and tee shirts, or light loose dresses in the summer. Of course I'd change into something more upscale or appropriate if I had to go out, or we went to dinner, or socialized with friends or family.

I might either not return to work, or if I do, I'll return on a limited schedule, and or course right now I'm not working at all, and hardly leave the house, so my at home wear is very hit and miss. Sometimes I'll spend all day in PJ's. Sometimes sweats. Or maybe leggings and a tee. It's very random and I don't like being random.

A lot of you are retired and spend much time at home, and so I'm just really curious what your at-home wear consists of. Do you spend all day in PJ's? Do you wear shoes around the house? Do you have loose easy clothes you wear in the house but then you change before going out?

My wardrobe is loosely divided into four categories, consisting of casual-wear, meaning all things fit for outings, as in town-trips, shopping, whatever have you, home-wear, equating to sweats, loose cotton tops, comfy elastic-waist slacks, etc, formal-wear, as in proper dress slacks, dress tops, etc, and gardening-wear, all stuff I can get dirty, toss in the washing machine, and not worry about.

When at home I love sweat pants and tops, or elastic-waist pants with short-sleeve blouse tops or pull-over tops with long-sleeves, depending on the season. No shoes in the house, not even inside the house shoes. Do enjoy stocking feet, and if anything, a comfy pair of slippers (colder months of the year).

No pyjamas for dear husband or myself. We sleep in our birthday suits, and when we wake it's straight into our casual home-wear, or as hubby refers to it as, kicking around wear.

As for changing when going out, I like to look finished and complete when I'm outside the home (town, etc), so proper pants and a top.

When I'm home I wear what might politely be called rags.

Most of my wardrobe is the same and is on a three-stage plan, good enough to go out to dinner, good enough to go to the store, and just about ready for the trash.

I still have a couple of dressy outfits leftover from my working years that I wear for weddings and funerals.

For years my wardrobe was loosely divided into three broad categories: Dance wear (after 5 wear, but easy to dance in, a bit glitzy, lotta sparkly jewelry) work wear (depending on what I'm doing, either workout type clothes or jeans/capris with a pretty top...no tee shirts) and weekend wear, which was PJ's till I took my morning shower, and then leggings or jeans or sweats and tee shirts, or light loose dresses in the summer. Of course I'd change into something more upscale or appropriate if I had to go out, or we went to dinner, or socialized with friends or family.

I might either not return to work, or if I do, I'll return on a limited schedule, and or course right now I'm not working at all, and hardly leave the house, so my at home wear is very hit and miss. Sometimes I'll spend all day in PJ's. Sometimes sweats. Or maybe leggings and a tee. It's very random and I don't like being random.

A lot of you are retired and spend much time at home, and so I'm just really curious what your at-home wear consists of. Do you spend all day in PJ's? Do you wear shoes around the house? Do you have loose easy clothes you wear in the house but then you change before going out?
I've transitioned from heavy, soft bathrobes to nighties since the weather warmed up! If I'm doing yard work, it's the 'mud clothes!' After yard work and body wash, it is right back to the nighty!

capri pajamas,
61reSOZVtvL._AC_UY606_.jpg

or jeans and top

I have never worn pyjamas or any nightwear all day except when I was in hopsital. I wouldn't like it,I'd feel too restless to get dressed.

Since I took early retirement and don't need to get dressed up I wear whatever the weather dictates.. for example today I have an ankle length lightweight sleeveless maxi dress on.. soo cool .. other days I may have jeans or leggings, and a sleeveless T-shirt on.. in winter, jumpers (sweaters).. and Jogging bottoms... ... usually wear sketchers at home, but sometimes I have shoes or boots on

I don't wear PJ's during the day,only at night when I'm sleeping
In the winter,I wear turtle neck/ sweater/pants or leggings depending on how cold it is outside when I go on my walks
spring/summer capri pants,shorts with knit top or T shirt
autumn,I try to wear shorts as long as possible before it gets cool,then I'll wear capri pants

The "bra off "comment is spot on! One of the first things I do when I get home from anywhere is rip that sucker off!!!! I have several "sleep" bras, which is ridiculous becuase I would NEVER sleep in one. BUT they're sort of like a sports bra in that they're soft and stretchy, though the material is much thinner and lighter, very breathable, not as much support. If I'm going to be home all day AND I actually manage to get out of my PJ's 😂 I'll wear that bra with the tee shirt and leggings because it's so soft and lightweight I can hardly feel it on.

Back