What Things Give You Energy?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
So, I'm wondering what specifically gives you energy? Is it a view on life, a pill, a supplement, or are you just naturally energetic?

I'm drinking a strong cup of coffee right now to try and get some energy and it's working some. My doctor has prescribed a multivitamin, B12 and D2 for me to help my energy level. I feel somewhat more energetic but not where I want to be yet.

What things give you energy?

Nothing, I have to push myself to get moving and then Newton's first law of motion/inertia kicks in.

inertia-garfield.gif

So are you saying that calling yourself lazy gives you energy @Aunt Bea ? My mom used to tell me that telling herself she was lazy got her going.

I'm definitely lazy but that was a big asset to me in my working life because I spent my time figuring out easier/cheaper ways to do things.

These days my problem is that I can sit and think about doing all sorts of things but unless I force myself to get up and actually do them the day just sort of slips away. I think part of it is due to the fact that I live alone and don't have anyone to encourage/nag me to do things or finish the things that I start.

I'm definitely lazy but that was a big asset to me in my working life because I spent my time figuring out easier/cheaper ways to do things.

These days my problem is that I can sit and think about doing all sorts of things but unless I force myself to get up and actually do them the day just sort of slips away. I think part of it is due to the fact that I live alone and don't have anyone to encourage/nag me to do things or finish the things that I start.

Oh my, my mother had this record! oba-oba, LOL

So then someone to give you encouragement would mean more energy for you? @Aunt Bea That works somewhat for me, too. My doctor encouraged me about a few things and it has helped me to do more. I make myself do the things I do, too.

The sun!! ☀ When I wake up in the morning and open the blinds and see the sunshine, I'm really up for getting things done.

I've always been a bundle of energy, although my back and knee problems of late have slowed me down..on days when they don't hurt so much I am full of beans !!
That's like this song:

I realize how the aches and pains can hold us back sometimes. 🌷

I seem to have my most energy after a good night's sleep, like 8 hours, and when I'm not aching too much. Can get a lot done on those days.
I agree, getting a good amount of sleep is needed for optimal energy levels. I try to get between 6 and 9 hours but often get less than that these days. So then I take little naps at times, too.

What gets me going every day like clockwork is doing my exercises for my partial right knee on the floor on a mat
I then go on my early morning walk which sets my whole day
For yrs, I 've taken a multidose vitamin with iron,twice/day I take Vitamin C,Calcium 600mg pill
I'm not a coffee drinker{never acquired the taste}
Cool!

Eating good food
Having a good nights sleep
A refreshing shower or swim
A morning walk
Yoga
Exciting news
Adrenaline
Some good drugs 🤣😂 ( kidding ) I couldn’t resist.
A great cup of coffee or some good chocolate
( it’s temporary but it works )
I could go for some good pot about now!😄Truth is I haven't had any in many, many years.

Those all sound like doable things. I'm having a cup of coffee right now and it's going on midnight...never mind...my hours are a bit mixed up.

Last edited:

Back