What Things Give You Energy?

Upbeat rock n roll from the 60s forward, including recent stuff.

Hubby is more of a self-starter than I am so I follow his lead. When he starts puttering, I get off my duff and move toward doing something constructive.

If all else fails, I invite people over - even if it's just my kids. It's a great motivator to clear some accumulated clutter from the flat spaces that draw it like bees to honey. Mostly it's mail that needs shredding. (I'm getting to hate mail.)
I was thinking it would be nice to have someone over to chit chat with, too. Makes me feel good, too.

I drink a lot of water, a few cups of coffee, and vitamin C supplements every day. I also see a chiropractor on a regular basis. All of these together give me a lot of stamina.

So, I'm wondering what specifically gives you energy? Is it a view on life, a pill, a supplement, or are you just naturally energetic?

I'm drinking a strong cup of coffee right now to try and get some energy and it's working some. My doctor has prescribed a multivitamin, B12 and D2 for me to help my energy level. I feel somewhat more energetic but not where I want to be yet.

What things give you energy?
all of those prescriptions sound sensible. I hope they help. For me, watching my iron levels as I tend to be anemic since I don't absorb minerals well. Mostly a decent night's sleep makes a great deal of difference.

I've never been high energy or hyper, but I do take supplements and that may help. A glass of filtered water with a tablespoon full of pure lemon juice (no sugar) in the morning seems to give me energy, it helps detoxify the body and cleanse the organs.

A spoonful of raw unfiltered honey is also a good way to get a boost. There's a Royal Jelly product that we used in the past when we were working and needed energy, but it was very expensive so I stopped buying it.

Getting outside in the park with my dog even in bad weather is energizing to a degree. Doing a food fast for two or three days also helps clean the system and give it a break, I don't do it often, but when I do I always feel better and have more energy afterwards. A 3 day fast always helps me drop five pounds too, a boost for the mood. :)

I've never been high energy or hyper, but I do take supplements and that may help. A glass of filtered water with a tablespoon full of pure lemon juice (no sugar) in the morning seems to give me energy, it helps detoxify the body and cleanse the organs.

A spoonful of raw unfiltered honey is also a good way to get a boost. There's a Royal Jelly product that we used in the past when we were working and needed energy, but it was very expensive so I stopped buying it.

Getting outside in the park with my dog even in bad weather is energizing to a degree. Doing a food fast for two or three days also helps clean the system and give it a break, I don't do it often, but when I do I always feel better and have more energy afterwards. A 3 day fast always helps me drop five pounds too, a boost for the mood. :)
Cool stuff. Thanks. I'm having ice water with fresh 🍋 lemon in it now. I agree, it helps.

all of those prescriptions sound sensible. I hope they help. For me, watching my iron levels as I tend to be anemic since I don't absorb minerals well. Mostly a decent night's sleep makes a great deal of difference.
A good night's sleep is a great thing. I have bee eating fresh spinach in salads and find that helpful for low platelets. Thanks.

Back