What was the funniest bit you ever saw on a TV sitcom?

Some great ones here. My first thought was something on Curb Your Enthusiasm. I won't post the clip because it can be considered offensive but the scene involved Larry David taking care of an obituary for his wife's Aunt and in the obituary the newspaper made an error and misspelled the word Aunt. If anyone is a fan of the show they will know what I am talking about..

It was a bit on the old Roseanne show when Darlene was asking if Nancy was gay and Roseanne replied something like "Yeah, she has a 'I'm a big ole dyke'" on her bumper sticker. I laughed so hard the way she said it. I guess you had to see it, that was a funny show.

i bit OT. i was a major fan of "Schitt's Creek" and was so sad to see the final episode. i accidentally came upon it while pretty much incapacitated after a bone fracture and surgery. watched a lot of TV... a lot of stuff on "off" channels/networks. just happened to see commercial for SC, watched an episode and was HOOKED. saw spot on Comedy Central yesterday that SC is coming to their channel... sometime in early October. no NEW episodes (we can always hope), but ALL seasons. my DVR will get a workout.

Last edited:
This is one of the ones I thought of first.

IN re: the turkey drop.
That was a real event. I'm not sure, but I believe it was a station In Texas. It was before Thanksgiving, and the idea was to drop some turkeys over a mall parking lot. It was a stunt to promote the mall. People were supposed to come to the mall for a chance to get a free turkey. They hired a helicopter, and hovered over the parking lot., which was packed with people. They threw out the birds. They couldn't fly and fell to the ground. One smashed the wind shield of a car, and fell on a few in the crowd. A bunch of law suits came out of it. The station manager disappeared ,for parts unknown. I had heard this story from a radio DJ. It was cool, watching WKRP do the story on TV.

not a turkey farmer, but some clarification. those big white turkeys can't do much more that flap a few inches off the ground for a few seconds. they're bred for "white meat" and have wings clipped so they can't just fly away. they're so top-heavy that they can't even make baby turkeys without significant "help". wild turkeys CAN fly but doubt they'd sit still for a helicopter ride and that kinda drop would probably not be pretty.

Last edited:
One of my all time favorite shows. The cast was amazing and the story lines were generally very good but some were annoying or at odds with the character's personalities.

Ditto that asp3. My 4 personal favorite scenes are 1 that I cannot for the life of me ever find and it is when Daphne goes off on Fraiser and Martin and after she lights Fraiser up she says is there anything you have to say old man and Martin just sits there and stares off into space. Here are the other 3. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I enjoyed I love Lucy when her and Ethel were working in that candy factory.
LaVerne and Shirley, Happy Days.....
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

I loved Frasier. Have watched the episodes over and over again on TV and eventually bought the DVD boxset. One of my favourite episodes was when Frasier produces a play for radio (Nightmare In.....) and Niles ends up playing most of the characters.

LaVerne and Shirley, Happy Days.....
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
I almost forgot about those girls. We don't much care for the stuff on the tube these days. We bought one of those disk players that plays the shows. We have a collection of all the early stuff started. I miss Andy Griffith. Aunt Bea was the best. You should have seen Joe trying to set up that disk player. I thought for the first time in all our years together that man was going to actually say a curse word. 😆

Back