What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Worth on Netflix. Very good movie about the lawyer and his firm having to work to come up with a monetary figure for each victim of 9/11. It does have a somber tone but yet is not a cynical movie. Michael Keaton is the lead and the rest of the cast is great too.

Worth on Netflix. Very good movie about the lawyer and his firm having to work to come up with a monetary figure for each victim of 9/11. It does have a somber tone but yet is not a cynical movie. Michael Keaton is the lead and the rest of the cast is great too.
Something appealing about that movie was that it was about people with integrity and showed that people (even lawyers) will sometimes do the right thing if enough pressure is applied. Too often, movies are all about people who get screwed over by the system. In Worth, what was it... 95% of the plaintiffs were satisfied with the settlement?

Just watched "An Unfinished Life" on Netflix.
It's an older movie w/Robert Redford and Jennifer Lopez. Morgan Freeman, Josh Lucas.

It takes place on a ranch, where Robert Redford is in his element.

Witness with Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis. Talk about star crossed lovers! I would like other's thoughts on the scene where John Book and Rachel are finally kissing out in the field by the bird feeder. The movie cuts away from that scene. I've always wondered if the audience is supposed to assume they finally made love or did John Book still resist? What do you think?

Something appealing about that movie was that it was about people with integrity and showed that people (even lawyers) will sometimes do the right thing if enough pressure is applied. Too often, movies are all about people who get screwed over by the system. In Worth, what was it... 95% of the plaintiffs were satisfied with the settlement?
Not only that but the same firm continued working with those first responders and others who did not suffer from the effects until later on.

The Big Lebrowski. I’d seen it years ago but it’s often referenced as a quality movie so thought I’d see what I remembered. Not much. I did enjoy it.

Open Range

81c2RrYtMRL._SY445_.jpg

Witness with Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis. Talk about star crossed lovers! I would like other's thoughts on the scene where John Book and Rachel are finally kissing out in the field by the bird feeder. The movie cuts away from that scene. I've always wondered if the audience is supposed to assume they finally made love or did John Book still resist? What do you think?
Did you watch the unedited, full-length movie or the TV version?
In the original version, they didn't do it. Ford says, "If we made love last night, I would have to stay, or you would have to leave."

Back