What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

"Decoy" (1946) - A mortally wounded female gangster recounts how she and her gang revived an executed killer from the gas chamber, to try and find out where he buried a fortune in cash. Directed by Jack Bernhard. Starring Jean Gillie, Edward Norris, Robert Armstrong, Herbert Rudley, and Sheldon Leonard.

I loved it! Film noir fans can watch it here for free. > https://archive.org/details/decoy-1946_202207

Poster
Decoy                                  (1946)

@Kika Have to thank you again for reminding me about 'Love Hard'. It's one of several on my Netflix list, that i just hadn't gotten around to watching. It had so many touching and funny moments but one of my favorites was the decreepifying of 'Baby, It's Cold Outside'. Which one doesn't have to have seen the movie to appreciate:

Bullet Train on Netflix. Similar feel to Pulp Fiction for me: They're pretty much ALL 'bad guys'. (Which makes all injuries and deaths more palatable). It is hilarious, tho some things i figured out long before the reveal. Some times i find 'action' movies cathartic emotionally. Good cast, some cameos. Brad Pitt does really good job as a contract criminal with a philosophical streak. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, or even mine on a different day...but it hit the spot yesterday and was enjoyable.

I blundered across something really good on HBO Max. It's called Company: Original Cast Album and it's a documentary by D.A. Pennebaker about, guess what, the recording of the original cast album of the Stephen Sondheim musical "Company." The whole album is recorded with an orchestra and full cast in one marathon 14 hour session.

If you like Broadway and especially if you like Stephen Sondheim, it's well worth a look.

Bullet Train on Netflix. Similar feel to Pulp Fiction for me: They're pretty much ALL 'bad guys'. (Which makes all injuries and deaths more palatable). It is hilarious, tho some things i figured out long before the reveal. Some times i find 'action' movies cathartic emotionally. Good cast, some cameos. Brad Pitt does really good job as a contract criminal with a philosophical streak. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, or even mine on a different day...but it hit the spot yesterday and was enjoyable.
A few nights ago, DH & I watched about 15 minutes of Bullet Train and agreed to bail. The barrage of gruesome, bloody, violent imagery was well beyond my comfort zone. On some levels the movie was showed glimmers of comedic intentions, but the vehicle to get there was too unpleasant for me to ride it out.

I enjoy most Brad Pitt movies, but not this one.

A few nights ago, DH & I watched about 15 minutes of Bullet Train and agreed to bail. The barrage of gruesome, bloody, violent imagery was well beyond my comfort zone. On some levels the movie was showed glimmers of comedic intentions, but the vehicle to get there was too unpleasant for me to ride it out.

Understandable, like i said, on another night i might have felt the same, but to me the violence was so steady and over the top (almost cartoonish) it was hard for me to take it seriously. Especially since so many of the characters seemed to have a bit of Rasputin in them, not dieing till after several attacks any one of which was should have been fatal.

I totally agree, excessive violence is a major turnoff for me, especially when it is directed at children, women, or animals. These days is seems like they think that a story cannot be told without excessive violence.

Started to watch "War and Peace"...but really couldn't "get into it"..
Maybe...later..in "the right mood"
Anyone else have this "problem"..🤔
That you start to watch a movie...but It really isn't what you thought it would be?
I totally agree, excessive violence is a major turnoff for me, especially when it is directed at children, women, or animals. These days is seems like they think that a story cannot be told without excessive violence.

Too many times of late
Same here. DH & I watch for about ten minutes - sometimes less - at which point one of us will say either "This looks pretty good, doncha think?" or "I'm ready to bail on this one, how about you?" We nearly always agree. If one wants to watch it, we give it another ten minutes. By then it's a rarity to not be in the same place about it.

I can't handle watching any kind of violence or abuse toward children. No kidnapping stories, sexual abuse, murders, etc. Won't read them or watch them.

Truth is, I believe those kinds of stories serve to normalize, encourage and feed behavioral predilections that many who feel them would otherwise quash.

We started watching a British detective show. Something about a woman detective who works on the "marine" patrol, i.e. riding around in boats and fishing dead bodies out of the water. Bailed in less than 10 minutes -- I think that was a record.

Sometimes it takes an episode or two to quit. I think we watched a whole episode of something called The Watcher -- an hour we won't get back again -- before agreeing that it was unbearably stupid.

We watched a few episodes of Succession, which some people love, before tiring of the bodily fluids, drugs, obscenities and general grossness.

Unfortunately, there seem to be more losers than winners these days.

Where the Crawdads Sing. I’d read the book, which as to be expected, was much better than the movie.

It’s free on Prime if you have the subscription. In some countries it’s on Netflix.

were randolph scott and cary grant lovers? rumour has it .......
Sickos are the ones propagating those rumors. Every time some guy shares an apartment with another man means he is queer? Hardly.

Here a list of some of the best movies I've seen. They are on the Roku Channel.

For the First Time
Pieces of Easter
An Hour Behind
It's Already Tomorrow In Hong Kong

Watched "Pollyanna" on Prime. Well done.

Vaguely remember the Disney/Haley Mills version from the 60's; this one was better IMO

Oh, and I've found the series, "A Touch of Frost" Love this! LOL, he's like a male version of "Vera"

Last edited:
We just finished an Amazon Prime series called The Terminal List. We watched all 8 episodes, so I guess it moved along. But by the last episode we were both laughing at the absurd plot twists.

Chris Pratt said that if you didn't like this series, it was because it wasn't "woke". I disagree. I didn't like this series because the premise was ridiculous and so many developments were unrealistic. Why is it that the good guy can shoot accurately while the bad guys (who have the same weapons and training) always miss?

Back