What was the silliest thing you believed as a child?

I hope none take offense at this, none meant.

I grew up in the Bible belt US South, very conservative. Learned to believe many bad/silly things but one that comes to mind is that anyone not baptized as a Christian would automatically go to hell. My father worked with an engineer from Iran who was on a one year assignment to the US. He had a son about my age, we were put together and became friends, I liked the whole family.

When I discovered they were Muslim I was shocked, and questioned my faith for the first time. How could such nice people be sent to hell? But I believed (at that time) they would.

Sure seems silly now looking back.
I believe some Christians are still taught this in one form or another...you've got to be "born again" for instance.

Not really. I'm in N.J. and although my Honorary son and his fiancee invited me to come for a second visit in January, they are in Tampa. Doesn't look like any live mermaid shows are in their area. The one at Weeki Watchee is an hour away. Being an invited guest, I wouldn't ask that of them. Not up for being in large crowds now either. But I can always view such shows on T.V. via You Tube. :)

Back