What's for dinner ( or lunch )

For lunch today with my Nutrichef circulating air fryer, cooked a sizeable $6 Trader Joe's package of frozen tilapia. Don't prepare fish often because it requires time and effort. Tilapia with just margarine and salt were delicious.

I'm having the last of the French vegetable soup I made a few days ago. Since it's been chilly here, we ran through the whole pot of it - none made it to the freezer. :( Guess I'll have to make another batch soon and copy @Marie5656's good example!

Tonight DD and family are coming for dinner. We'll have salad, assemble your own potato tacos and cheese tamales for those indulging in dairy. (DGD is now seriously lactose intolerant and I'll probably abstain, too.)

A 12 ounce package of C&W frozen broccoli florets microwaved for lunch, adding mayo and salt, washed down with apple juice.

For dinner, lazily, also popped 5 Trader Joe frozen breaded fish sticks into the microwave and 150 seconds later added ketchup and salt washed down with milk. Then for dessert, a Trader Joe's 99 cent coconut vanilla Greek yogurt cup.

Duck for lunch....at the restaurant

IMG-3894.jpg

Confit duck leg with , wild mushrooms,

crushed potatoes, red wine jus

I don't eat packet processed food as a rule... but I saw in the fridges in the supermarket a ready made Carbonara.. and I wouldn't usually buy or eat that kind of meal..I make Carbonara from fresh... but I thought I'd give it a try.. ...* it wasn't even cheap..I would have expected it if it had been a really cheap item..

*ugh*.. seriously disgusting... The cheese sauce was watery.. the pasta was hard, the amount of food would only feed one person .. and the whole thing was so salty, it was impossible to eat it...

I went online to see if there was reviews for it.. and 99 % of people were saying exactly my thoughts...

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui...italian-tagliatelle-carbonara-recipe-kit-408g

Well that's put me off ready made food forever ..

Do any of you eat Ready made food ?..

Last night I made a nice sized batch (1/2 cup of kernels before popping) of popcorn for dinner. Munched on it as I read.

I LOVE popcorn. No butter, just some "no-salt" and a few shakes of popcorn seasoning.

Popcorn is the only food, dog treats included, that Ozzy dog takes directly from my or anyone else's hands. So when I have popcorn, I happily shared it with him.
popcorn seasoning.JPG

Do any of you eat Ready made food ?..
Other than soups (which I kick up with a lot more veggies and extra beans, then eat only half per day to spread out the sodium), I rarely eat ready made or packaged foods. Notable exception would be food for a cross country flight, but that's usually a sandwich or salad from Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.

Most prepped food is way too salty for my taste and health.

We went to an Amish restaurant last evening and I had homemade chicken pot pie. My wife had Amish style Sausage and Potato Casserole, which is my second favorite thing to buy there.

Back