What's for dinner ( or lunch )

I thought I'd wait for the grocery delivery I ordered, although it was awhile past my usual lunchtime. Only 2 of the food items I'd ordered were in stock and delivered- a frozen pizza that wasn't frozen by the time it arrived, and a gallon of chocolate milk.
So I had pizza and chocolate milk as a very late lunch.

Before, I was eating out a lot, meeting various friends for lunch often so it was also socialization and fun. Now I have surprised myself by cooking from scratch many old favorites like minestrone and trying new recipes like lentil soup with kale and zucchini and enjoying it! I also feel a bit healthier without all the salt. Surely do miss seeing friends though.

Before, I was eating out a lot, meeting various friends for lunch often so it was also socialization and fun. Now I have surprised myself by cooking from scratch many old favorites like minestrone and trying new recipes like lentil soup with kale and zucchini and enjoying it! I also feel a bit healthier without all the salt. Surely do miss seeing friends though.
yes same here . we were told tonight by Boris our PM.. that if we all behave and keep social distancing, then some hospitality could be re-opened at the beginning of July, including cafe's and restaurants, ... seems a long time, but better than Christmas is what we were all told initially....

I'm sitting here trying to think what I had for dinner today, and I honestly can't remember..

The thing is hubs and I mostly eat at different times, not deliberately but just because he's Vegan, and I like meat...so 80 % of the time he prefers to cook for himself.. before or after I've been in the kitchen...

Oh, oh.... just remembered I had a Banana at lunchtime..with a dark chocolate peppermint...

Then late afternoon I had tempura battered cod & brussel sprouts..(while sitting watching tv) .. then late tonight for supper I had brie on crackers..

I had a heavy lunch yesterday, so last night was salad with cheese & crackers again.

Funny how that's ended up being in my standard rotation these days, sometimes with a bowl of soup. I've started experimenting with different types of cheeses (always been a sharp cheddar guy), and they actually make for a satisfying meal. I went shopping today and picked up small packages of 3 types I've not tried before.

I looked for different crackers to try (I usually do Sociables and Keebler Club House), but other than Ritz and Wheat Thins, the "gourmet" ones to me are expensive flavorless drip crisps. Perhaps they're supposed to be that way so you taste the cheese. Or perhaps I'm supposed to like them because they are overpriced and have nice graphics on the package. So I picked up a box of Ritz to throw into the mix. Might try a new cheese for dinner tonight.

Last night was roasted red pepper spread on seeded crackers topped with Feta cheese and a Modelo Chelada beer.

Brunch at noon was almost the same, on toasted Italian bread instead of crackers, a drizzle of olive oil; sans beer.

Tonight I'm going to fool around with ramen noodle soup; add spinach, scallions, maybe some toasted sesame oil, hot red pepper flakes and an egg, but the egg has to be cooked through.

Romaine and cut up tomato with oil & vinegar and Everything salt on the side is a maybe.

Last edited:

Back