What's for dinner ( or lunch )

Green onion? is that the same as salad onions?

The only salad I add walnuts and raisins to is Waldorf salad (spinach, red onion, celery, raisins, walnuts, grapes, sliced apple) with a home made dressing (olive oil, vinegar, a drop of honey and a tiny pinch of salt, I sometimes add a clove or two of garlic).

I have never thought of adding walnuts, raisins or water chestnuts to a chicken salad but, I like that idea so, thank you @dobielvr I will try that next time :)
Green onions to me are the ones w/the white tops. Not sure what a salad onion is...may be the same.

Love waldorf salad too. That's funny, we make it so totally diff from each other.
Green pippin apples, celery, and walnuts...mayo for the dressing. Happy eating!

Green onions to me are the ones w/the white tops. Not sure what a salad onion is...may be the same.

Love waldorf salad too. That's funny, we make it so totally diff from each other.
Yes, your green onions sound like my salad onions :)

Your Wardorf salad sounds nice too - I will try that for a side salad (y)

I make mine with tart apples, grapes, celery, walnuts and chopped dried cranberries. Dressing is a mayo, sour cream, yogurt and lemon juice concoction. If they're in my fridge, fresh berries, nectarines, plums and similar firm fruits often find their way in. Sometimes add pineapple, papaya or mango, but only after the salad is plated because their enzymes will break down the dressing over time.

I love Waldorf salad, especially when it's light on the dressing, heavy on the fruit!

I had some cooked slices of carnitas in the freezer so I'm having that with Spanish rice. I have a couple flour tortillas that I'll warm up and fill with carnitas, rice and cheese and top with sour cream and salsa. Then for dessert, I'll have a couple Tums :)
Tums? the antiacid tablets? I thought it was some fancy concoction at first :D

Last edited:
I make mine with tart apples, grapes, celery, walnuts and chopped dried cranberries. Dressing is a mayo, sour cream, yogurt and lemon juice concoction. If they're in my fridge, fresh berries, nectarines, plums and similar firm fruits often find their way in. Sometimes add pineapple, papaya or mango, but only after the salad is plated because their enzymes will break down the dressing over time.

I love Waldorf salad, especially when it's light on the dressing, heavy on the fruit!
Fruit goes well with salads and I love sour cream and lemon juice. I did not know that about pineapple, papaya or mango but, will bear that in mind.

We had Caesar salad today, with pasta, presto, croutons and some sliced smoked salmon and fresh baked rolls.

When I was a child, salad was lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and a blob of salad cream with either sliced boiled egg or some ham. Nowhere near as fancy as the salads we have today. :)

Sat.dinner...made lasagna
Sundays have always been..
nice, hearty breakfast..late, adaquate lunch...
light dinner(supper)..soup or appetizer.

What is presto?
Oh! I meant to type pesto! :ROFLMAO:

It's a sauce made with basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and parmesan. Its lovely with pasta, I like it with fusilli which is the twirly looking pasta but you can use whichever one you like. You can buy pesto sauce ready made but, it's not difficult to make and I have a basil plant so, it's nice to use home grown herbs if you have them. (y):)

Today lunch will be what's on-hand from yesterday's supper. A homemade spicy lentil soup and some onion & cheddar corn bread.😋
I'm having that tonight as well. I made some lentil & bacon soup last week, and froze it in portions... last night I pulled one out of the freezer to defrost for tonight....

Oh! I meant to type pesto! :ROFLMAO:

It's a sauce made with basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and parmesan. Its lovely with pasta, I like it with fusilli which is the twirly looking pasta but you can use whichever one you like. You can buy pesto sauce ready made but, it's not difficult to make and I have a basil plant so, it's nice to use home grown herbs if you have them. (y):)
LOL - I know what pesto is. I thought "presto" was some kind of English prepared food. 🤣

Back