What's for dinner ( or lunch )

This morning I made a small boiled dinner with odds and ends from the vegetable crisper and freezer.

A packet of GOYA ham flavored bouillon, a quarter of a cabbage, an onion, two carrots, two Yukon Gold potatoes, garlic, a chunk of kielbasa, and a chunk of ham. This will make two nice meals, a pan of hash with eggs and a pint of broth for the soup pot.

I also boiled a few eggs for sliced egg with olive sandwiches on toast.

Lunch was a salad and a sandwich made with German bologna and American cheese on whole wheat.

I'm not sure about dinner my main focus has been on Thanksgiving so I don't have anything exciting for today and tomorrow.

Maybe a grilled cheese sandwich or scrambled eggs and toast.

Yesterday the highpoint was my low carb cauliflower stuffing along with turkey, maple glazed sweet potatoes, and cabbage salad.

Low Carb Riced Cauliflower Stuffing

1/2 chub of bulk breakfast sausage (approx 1 cup)
2 T butter
1 diced onion
1 or 2 ribs diced celery
1 diced carrot
1 t Bell's Poultry Seasoning
1 packet GOYA chicken-flavored bouillon
1 package Aldi steam in the bag riced cauliflower
Salt & Pepper to taste

Microwave the riced cauliflower according to the package directions, snip the top corners of the bag and gently squeeze most of the liquid out of the bag, set aside. The bag will be hot so use a kitchen towel to protect your hands!

Fry the sausage and break into crumbles, set aside. I fry the entire chub and freeze half for a future recipe.

Add butter to the pan along with onion, celery, carrot and cook until translucent.

Add the sausage, riced cauliflower, chicken bouillon powder to the pan of vegetables, combine, season with S&P, and cook until any remaining moisture has evaporated.

For a meatless version add 1 cup of chopped Baby Bella mushrooms to the vegetables and saute.

Try it my way and then make it your way the recipe is just a guide.

I hope you enjoyed your meal.. I've eaten too many terrible 'sweet & sour' "Chinese" dishes that I would never order one from a restaurant or take away. As I understand it, the dish should be finely balanced between the two tastes - not the sweet sticky mess that some places serve up. I use Ken Hom's recipes when I make Chinese style dishes at home.

Tonight I'm cooking a fish pie. Nothing fancy, just white fish (I'm using Hake) Salmon and prawns.

I hope you enjoyed your meal.. I've eaten too many terrible 'sweet & sour' "Chinese" dishes that I would never order one from a restaurant or take away. As I understand it, the dish should be finely balanced between the two tastes - not the sweet sticky mess that some places serve up. I use Ken Hom's recipes when I make Chinese style dishes at home.
We're lucky to have some very good chinese restaurants near where we live.

Kale and broccoli and mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil and stir-fried that way. I'm eating this to try to reduce the sodium in my body and reduce swelling that I had or have been having in my one foot. To drink I had a 32 oz glass of ice water with lemon squeezed in it. It's supposed to help, too, my foot was twice the size of normal but has been going down nicely now with the abrupt change in diet.

Last edited:
Kale and broccoli and mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil and stir-fried that way. I'm eating this to try to reduce the sodium in my body and reduce swelling that I had or have been having in my one foot. To drink I had a 32 oz glass of ice water with lemon squeezed in it. It's supposed to help, too, my foot was twice the size of normal but has been going down nicely now with the abrupt change in diet.
Oh @Ruthanne Hope these things help.......

Back