What's for dinner ( or lunch )

Tonight I had shepherds pie which I cooked and froze last week in portions. It had all the veggies already in it, so I didn't have to make any sides...just defrosted overnight, and when i got home tonight, (starving because I'd had to not have food before my hospital procedure today..) reheated it in the microwave for a couple of minutes .. and sat in front of the tv and enjoyed it

Pulled together a tasty salad from stuff in my fridge: various lettuce greens, red onion, Persian cucumber, tomato, kalamata olives, fresh mandarin orange sections, seedless red grapes, avocado, black beans, tofu that I'd pan fried this morning, mushroom I sauteed yesterday, a little ground flax seed over top, and a quick dressing made with orange juice.

Pulled together a tasty salad from stuff in my fridge: various lettuce greens, red onion, Persian cucumber, tomato, kalamata olives, fresh mandarin orange sections, seedless red grapes, avocado, black beans, tofu that I'd pan fried this morning, mushroom I sauteed yesterday, a little ground flax seed over top, and a quick dressing made with orange juice.
Sounds great very healthy!

the o/h would enjoy that and very often does have that type of meal.... pubs serve it here and call it a Superfood salad....

It's quite cloudy here, but as luck would have it yesterday i took the chopped up pork we use for a stew down to defrost yesterday and will be getting that stew started in another hour or so. One of the joys of winter is making a big pot of stew that lasts the two of us for several meals. The flavor seems to peak the 2nd day, tasting better than it did the first.

This afternoon I'm taking my 16-year-old granddaughter to Olive Garden. She is out of school for a week, & we just love to go & chat & eat.

Later this week I'm taking my 9-year-old G.S. & his dad to the same place as he can't go without one of his parents because of his type 1 diabetes & needs a blood check then a shot before he knows what he can order.

I'm not sure what I'm having for lunch today, maybe a PBnJ sandwich. But I want to mention yesterday's lunch. I treated myself to a bean chalupa and soda at Taco Bell. I hadn't had a chalupa in at least two years. I love those things. I very rarely drink sodas anymore. I think I'll have a portion of Michael Angelo's eggplant parmesan for dinner. It comes frozen in two tubs. I separate each tub into 6 portions.One portion usually fills me up.

Back