What's for dinner ( or lunch )

Chili made with ground chicken, V8 juice, water, red and yellow peppers, and celery and onions, and the spices are chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. It's simmering right now and the aroma is very good.

I forgot to say that I also put a can of washed and drained dark red chili beans in the mixture. I just had it for dinner and it was very good!!

Last edited:
Tonight I had Shepherds pie which I made myself and portioned up a few days ago..and froze...

I added steamed broccoli to it... and then a couple of hours after dinner I had a peppermint cornetto...

512V7nTwgPL._AC_SX385_.jpg

I don't even feel like dinner after what I just ate for a snack.

Believe it or not there is such a thing as too much chocolate. There was Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake on sale, mini ones but still a overload of chocolate with chocolate crumb base an inch thick, then the chocolate cheesecake filling topped with a chalf inch high chocolate glaze.

And I hate to waste food, what can I say except oink

Roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and a mix of fresh vegetables, with roast potatoes and a rich gravy sauce made from the stock of the roast beef. (The beef is still in the oven, it will be worth the wait.)
She's made an apple and blackberry crumble for dessert, with fresh fruit and we will probably have a dollop of crème fraîche served on top, rather than custard.

Back