What's for dinner ( or lunch )

I’ve been thinking about lasagna for Christmas dinner!
I have lasagne on a regular basis probably once a month .. at least.

I've got Duck in the freezer which I'll serve with hoisin & plum sauce for Christmas lunch( I have duck a couple of times a year) .. altho' whether I'll change my mind on the day is another thing, and quite likely

Our friends have just had power restored after 4 days during which their smallest freezer started to thaw. They gave us various half frozen things including a large bag of sliced red peppers. For lunch I made spicy red pepper and tomato soup. Turned out pretty well, but I rarely have enough red peppers to make it.

Going to make Chilli con carne for dinner. I use diced steak instead of mince. Tomorrow or Friday, I'm going to make lasagne using chicken mince layered with wilted baby spinach.

Tonight I had a really fast dinner. I thawed a portion of minced meat, potatoes, sprouts, and sausages from this morning ..which I'd batch cooked and frozen a week or 2 ago.. along with portions of mashed potato... so I just stuck them both in the microwave this evening and in 3 mins they were ready to eat...

..then an hour later I sat and watched Tv with a cornetto.
00745.jpg
.and a glass of strawberry milk

I need to go to the grocery store and buy frozen dinners. I know, I know... most of you dislike frozen dinners; but, I refuse to cook every day. lol
I hear ya!
I'm having a store bought (T.Joe's) chicken piccata meal. I Just have to make a side.

I will be putting it in the oven though, not the 'wave.
And, I'm having dinner early...4.30ish, instead of 5.30ish.

ETA..i made pilaf out of a box...

Last edited:

Back