What's for dinner (supper)

Tonight it will be a fish filet with mac&cheese, broccoli and cabbage salad on the side all washed down with a glass of unsweetened iced tea.

95ea0d40-6f9a-4841-b92f-e4e62f9099c8_1.212226daf1a9c01f0238e2f855728ff7.jpeg

Camper, being that I have to eat gluten free I like to try all kinds of rice also. Recently I tried black rice. It was really good and I love Chinese white rice. I can't figure out why their plain white rice tastes so much better than my white rice. I wonder if they add something to the cooking water.
Sounds good. I love stir fry especially with peppers and mushrooms. But lately I have been using Jasmine rice. I keep trying different kinds of rice.

Camper, being that I have to eat gluten free I like to try all kinds of rice also. Recently I tried black rice. It was really good and I love Chinese white rice. I can't figure out why their plain white rice tastes so much better than my white rice. I wonder if they add something to the cooking water.

I suspect but not sure. Mono sodium Glutamate. I do know they cook it in huge quantities in a big pot.

And day old rice makes better stir fry dishes as well.

Jim.... Beer Butt Chicken is one of my favourites. I season the chicken with Old Bay Seasoning as a rub. And of course you just have to have potato salad along with it.

Tonight I am making Salmon Patties, home made cole slaw and a tomato and cuke medley. A light dinner to make up for having the Big Mac for lunch.

Boiled, then sauteed, boneless skinless chicken thighs, and pumpkin pie. Maybe mashed potatoes. Real vegetables will come tomorrow.

:grin:

Back