What's on your travel bucket list

Yesterday, I decided I'm going to Egypt. I don't care what it costs or how I do it-I'm going. I might have to eat 9 Lives the rest of my life, I'm going. I've always wanted to go. But I'm wheelchair bound, now. I've been watching all the Egyptian archeology going on TV. It's calling me. I hate to touch the Pyramids. Anybody else going?

I've been to quite a few places over the years but there are still a lot more I'd like to visit. This is my bucket list of the ten places I'd most like to visit. All of this will of course have to wait until Covid-19 is no longer a threat.
  1. Krakow, Poland
  2. Gibraltar
  3. Provence, France
  4. Iguazu Falls
  5. Victoria Falls
  6. Yosemite and Yellowstone National Parks
  7. Coast to coast train Canada
  8. New Zealand
  9. Galapagos Islands
  10. Machu Picchu
Some are within easy reach, others further away or more difficult. There are now special tours to Machu Picchu for wheelchair users but they come in at around $1,500 for four days.

I'd also love to do a round the world cruise. Anyone ever done one?

So, what's on your travel bucket list?
We share 3&6 @Glowworm 😊. Would like to see Victoria , B.C. And Montreal again. England. Japan ...

Yesterday, I decided I'm going to Egypt. I don't care what it costs or how I do it-I'm going. I might have to eat 9 Lives the rest of my life, I'm going. I've always wanted to go. But I'm wheelchair bound, now. I've been watching all the Egyptian archeology going on TV. It's calling me. I hate to touch the Pyramids. Anybody else going?
Fuzzy, I've been in a wheelchair almost all my life and it hasn't stopped me fron travelling. I've visited many countries and places together with travel companions and on my own. Two big road trips in the USA, one in Australia and one in Japan are just a few I've done solo. Also trips to places that you wouldn't normally think a person in a wheelchair could visit. All it needs is a little extra planning. So I'm sure you could achieve your wish to visit Egypt once it's OK to travel again. Check out these websites, or you can send me a PM if you like. I haven't reached the level to send a PM yet.

https://wheelchairtravel.org/
https://www.memphistours.com/egypt/packages/accessible-tours-egypt

I want to travel to Italy and Greece to where my paternal Grandfather grew up. I would like to cruise the Mediterranean. We called him Pappy. My Pap and I would sit and eat olives and sometimes, if Mom was OK with it, eat Sardines on crackers. I still eat Sardines in mustard, but only outside. My wife can't stand the smell. She's such a girly girl, you know.

My desire for any extended travel left the room decades ago after getting burned out on business travel. I still like to travel cross country by motorcycle but age is slowing that down. That said, there's still some appeal in riding the Gotthard pass, not the base tunnel. There is no appeal, however, for getting on a boat or plane to get there.

I want to travel to Italy and Greece to where my paternal Grandfather grew up. I would like to cruise the Mediterranean. We called him Pappy. My Pap and I would sit and eat olives and sometimes, if Mom was OK with it, eat Sardines on crackers. I still eat Sardines in mustard, but only outside. My wife can't stand the smell. She's such a girly girl, you know.
A Mediterranean cruise has been on my list for years. Covid has stopped me from planning that right now. In the late 1990's - early 2000's hubby and I did 7 cruises and got the bug but haven't been now for years due to health and work.

We have travelled around quite a bit. Most of the Mediterranean countries as well as the Islands of Crete, Cyprus and Malta. We have been to the pyramids in Egypt and walked what is known as The Stations of the Cross in The Holy Land.
We used to travel around many of the US States, we have also seen quite a few Caribbean Islands.
In our later years we have become a lot more home loving. Have any of you ticked off a bucket list item?
Here's one that we always wanted to do:
DSCF5580.JPG
Departing from London's Victoria Station, steam hauled:
DSCF5586.JPG
In Vera, our magnificently restored carriage.
DSCF5592.JPG
Fine dining, it was superb.
DSCF5594.JPG
Champagne? But of course!
DSCF5598.JPG
It was good to see others getting into the spirit of the era.
It was of course, The Orient Express.

We have travelled around quite a bit. Most of the Mediterranean countries as well as the Islands of Crete, Cyprus and Malta. We have been to the pyramids in Egypt and walked what is known as The Stations of the Cross in The Holy Land.
We used to travel around many of the US States, we have also seen quite a few Caribbean Islands.
In our later years we have become a lot more home loving. Have any of you ticked off a bucket list item?
Here's one that we always wanted to do:
View attachment 163738
Departing from London's Victoria Station, steam hauled:
View attachment 163739
In Vera, our magnificently restored carriage.
View attachment 163740
Fine dining, it was superb.
View attachment 163741
Champagne? But of course!
View attachment 163742
It was good to see others getting into the spirit of the era.
It was of course, The Orient Express.
Oh, yes please!

I saw all the marvellous Tony Robinson Around the World by Train programs and well let's just say I got Wanderlust!

Right now my bucket list is Anywhere at all!!!!!!

Oh, yes please!

I saw all the marvellous Tony Robinson Around the World by Train programs and well let's just say I got Wanderlust!

Right now my bucket list is Anywhere at all!!!!!!
Five photos are the permitted limit Glowworm, so here's a few more, I hope you get to enjoy it one day.
DSCF5577.JPG
The sign at the platform where we boarded the train.
DSCF5574.JPG
Period dress for the occasion, of course.

DSCF5575.JPG
Being sent on our way with a trad-jazz band.
She made her own outfit, even her hat is a reconstruction of one of my old trilbies.

DSCF5587.JPG
Our Maitre D, what a gentleman he was.
DSCF5589.JPG
The dining table set ready for the guests to arrive.

Five photos are the permitted limit Glowworm, so here's a few more, I hope you get to enjoy it one day.
View attachment 163756
The sign at the platform where we boarded the train.
View attachment 163754
Period dress for the occasion, of course.

View attachment 163755
Being sent on our way with a trad-jazz band.
She made her own outfit, even her hat is a reconstruction of one of my old trilbies.

View attachment 163757
Our Maitre D, what a gentleman he was.
View attachment 163758
The dining table set ready for the guests to arrive.
And very stylish you both are if I may say so

I would have loved to travel to LA this month for my niece's wedding. I have been invited but there is no one else to care for my pets and I don't trust anyone at this time to take good care of them. I am still reluctant to fly at this point but that's besides the point. I would like to take some one-tank trips to places in Ohio.

Last edited:
I have traveled Route 66 and stopped at 1 of the old chrome diners, which still had the counter seats and jukebox inside.
Now that is a bucket list like no other. How I would love to ship my old MG out to the The US and travel the entire route. Wouldn't that be some adventure. Have I got the right attire?
shirts 138.JPGshirts 139.JPG

Traveling isn't always as glorious as you might wish. There's living out of a bag for days, making connections, etc. Isn't it nice to come home and take your shoes off and relax?

Day trips not too far from where I live interest me at this point. Some sights are under our noses yet we have not gone there.

I have traveled the world a few times. Can't really think where I would really want to go now. Maybe spend some time touring Germany and also maybe Russia. A lot of history in those two countries.

These are the (safest and no cost) travels I enjoy these days... From my recliner sofa...😆 Although this one was shaky... Oh I rugged my nails in

Go back to Hawaii again. I enjoy walking through the forests without having to worry about snakes. My wife and I hiked to.the top of the mountain were Punchbowl Cemetery is located. It sure is beautiful looking down on the city, Pearl Harbor and Diamondhead from up there.

Back