What's with the big false eyelashes?

that's the actual name for a particular shape of nails... it's what's requested in the nail salon.. when you want this shape...
41AS9mK9nUL.jpg
This is the fashion now. I don't like them. I don't do fake nails and my nails are long but not like those. And, mine are real and strong.😇

Coffin nails? Love that description! How do people function in real life with nails like that?
When I was very young a woman came in the bank i worked at with 8 or 9 inch nails as they grow they twist around!
Freaked me out. She is actually in the Guinness World Book of records. This was about 1972 i think. I think she held the record and still does. Nice lady. 🤣

When I was very young a woman came in the bank i worked at with 8 or 9 inch nails as they grow they twist around!
Freaked me out. She is actually in the Guinness World Book of records. This was about 1972 i think. I think she held the record and still does. Nice lady. 🤣
I've seen people in magazines with those nails... I mean how do they get dressed, how do they pull up their pants.... ?

Seems that everywhere I go these days I see young women with big false eyelashes. I can go to the grocery store or a fast food restaurant and see a young lady behind the counter wearing a mask and absurd lashes. Is this due to the fact that they look good on social media and these ladies don't realize they look absurd in real life?
I have no idea, but I do hear you, they do look absurd.

lily savage.jpg
As recently as the mid-1990's, here in the UK, mention of the name Paul O'Grady, would probably have elicited the response "Paul who?" Back then he was still best known for his comic alter ego Lily Savage, the blowsy, risqué Liverpudlian vamp with the huge false eyelashes and mountainous blonde wig.
Since abandoning his alter ego, Paul has carved a name for himself on UK television. Seeing him now you just can't imagine those carpet sweeper eye lashes.
Paul_O'Grady,.jpg

Her name is Ayanna Williams. See my post Tuesday at 5:54PM

Okay guys, its time to dig out your cod pieces.

Eldridge (de Paris) Cleaver made a killing selling his French style P***S P***S. They weren't selling too hot until Jackie O bought a pair of P***S P***S for John Jr.

BTW: All the material on the web about his P***S P***S is unsuitable to post here but Google is your friend:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldridge_Cleaver

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece

On another note his wife Kathleen looks like she could eat nails and drink acid for breakfast.

cathleenclever.jpg

View attachment 203424
As recently as the mid-1990's, here in the UK, mention of the name Paul O'Grady, would probably have elicited the response "Paul who?" Back then he was still best known for his comic alter ego Lily Savage, the blowsy, risqué Liverpudlian vamp with the huge false eyelashes and mountainous blonde wig.
Since abandoning his alter ego, Paul has carved a name for himself on UK television. Seeing him now you just can't imagine those carpet sweeper eye las

View attachment 203424
Since abandoning his alter ego, Paul has carved a name for himself on UK television. Seeing him now you just can't imagine those carpet sweeper eye lashes.
View attachment 203425
I would not have recognized him from the photo, a wonderful man who has a huge heart and is a great ambassador for Battersea dogs home, and all animals.

False eyelashes aren't a new trend/fad, they were popular in the late 1960s although I didn't know anybody who wore them.
I bought a pair at the local 5-and-10, and guess it was for the best that I couldn't figure out how to use them correctly- especially since I was only around 10 yrs old :ROFLMAO:

The long nails, though, I wonder how they can be practical- how can girls/women use a cell phone or keyboard with ultra-long nails???

...also what makes me laugh is the overdone fake tan... the young often overdo it so much they look like a bright orange Belisha Beacon glowing at us from the checkout :LOL:
I haven't seen those in decades, but I recall it being in the news in the 1980s that 'tanning pills' had become popular- til many people who used them found instead of tans it made their skin orange!!! :ROFLMAO:

I haven't seen those in decades, but I recall it being in the news in the 1980s that 'tanning pills' had become popular- til many people who used them found instead of tans it made their skin orange!!! :ROFLMAO:
And remember CopperTone tanning lotion from the 60's (still being sold now in 2022)? It also turned the skin kind of orange.

Back