When was the last time you slept more than nine hours?

Very recently, and often. 10:30 pm. to 8 am unless I'm in the middle of a very good book and can't shut the light off.
No naps at all during the waking hours all day, but when it's night and I unwind, time for a restful sleep.
Very recently, and often. 10:30 pm. to 8 am unless I'm in the middle of a very good book and can't shut the light off.
No naps at all during the waking hours all day, but when it's night and I unwind, time for a restful sleep.
You are so fortunate, oh how nice that has to be ;)

You are so fortunate, oh how nice that has to be ;)
This question keeps popping up here on the forum. I am fortunate to sleep well, unless I am worried about my son or daughter's health. For five years I slept very lightly, always listening for a phone call in the middle of the night. My son has heart issues and heart attacks. So, now I breathe easier as he has things under control. Hence, my relief and know enough to rest when I can.

When was the last time you slept more than nine hours?​

The last time was right after I was up for two-three days without sleep

Got a lot done the first day and a half

then

just thought I was getting a lot done

Finally just plopped over after stumbling around, looking for tools that were right in front of me

woke sometime the next day...or so

Last edited:
My sleep seems to be seasonally adjusted. Summer, when it gets light early and stays light later, I get 7 to 8 hours average per night. Winter; now that's a different story. I average between 10-12 hours a night with no problem other than one or two brief wake-ups to empty the bladder. The odd thing is that even with all that sleep time, I can't remember ever having a dream :( Maybe I have 'em and just don't remember them once I wake up? Don't know. Kind of disappointing because they sound like a nice experience, providing they're not nightmares.

My husband (now deceased) complained about not being able to sleep through the night, His GP told him that naps (which he did often) should be included in the "suggested" 8 hours of sleep.

Daily exercise encourages sleep - one of the many reasons for having a dog - Flash requires 2 or 3 miles/day.

I have to think back to when the last time I was sick. When I am sick I sleep longer. I do not take naps even though I lay down during the day to put my feet but have never been able to fall asleep. Probably 2021 I think. I always sleep off any colds or sicknesses.

Back