Where to go meet people?

Odd, perhaps, but it is what I do...walmart-- has lots of older workers clerks etc been there for years know most by first name it is on their name tag anyway...a few kind cheery positive remarks will make you a friend of theirs pretty much guaranteed, so what? you say? they know stuff cause they chat with dozens of different people throughout the day. plus at the risk of perhaps a social mistake~ to make coffee date for day off etc.....need a need dr? haircut? covid info? etc...they know stuff......that I would like and need to know.

Fuzzybuddy: I know what you're going through. It's the same with me. Unfortunatly, There is NOTHING near me to meet people. My two kids live thousands of miles away, and I really don't like the "friends" I've made! A few fat,old women! (They just gossip and complain) During the pandemic, wish I had an extraordinary man around my age to communicate with online.(privately) I'm COMPLETELY ALONE! Haven't even heard a man's voice for months!
Guess I'll just tough it out! If you hear of a good site, let me know! (Don't trust those sites) Guess I DO NEED some interaction!
Oddly enough I suggested a vid chat one on one or more to this group some time back look for it if you like. it was resoundingly shot down -much to my dismay....strange folks online is my takeaway...craigslist taught me that- now I am an old know all opinionated very experienced in all matters of living. mostly the bad. but have survived.. my gmail is the same as my logon send my email I will send you a link to whereby it is quick easy click on it allow cam and mic at a time we agree and my old bald fat face will be there......in the midwest hon, been alone for 35 years. less a few obilgagtory overnighters- you can bet I am not around your age...if you speak Spanish even better

Odd, perhaps, but it is what I do...walmart-- has lots of older workers clerks etc been there for years know most by first name it is on their name tag anyway...a few kind cheery positive remarks will make you a friend of theirs pretty much guaranteed, so what? you say? they know stuff cause they chat with dozens of different people throughout the day. plus at the risk of perhaps a social mistake~ to make coffee date for day off etc.....need a need dr? haircut? covid info? etc...they know stuff......that I would like and need to know.
l go to the senior center, or church to meet people.

If you know someone on a forum like this one who you know, like and get along with, see if they have a Facebook page. If not, or if you don't either, each of you create one, then use the Video Chat within the Private Message feature to chat with each other face to face.

Or you could use Skype or some other video chat app.

It would be almost like being with them in person.

If you know someone on a forum like this one who you know, like and get along with, see if they have a Facebook page. If not, or if you don't either, each of you create one, then use the Video Chat within the Private Message feature to chat with each other face to face.

Or you could use Skype or some other video chat app.

It would be almost like being with them in person.
Sounds like a good idea and maybe using Zoom might be nice.

Back