Which TV Commercial do you despise the most?

Any feminine hygiene product. Such a small area of the anatomy to have so many billions of dollars of products marketed for it. I always found them embarrassing while watching television with my daughters.
Hail to the "V".

Call JG Wentworth, Cash Now.......877 Cash Now. Opera singers on a city bus busting their guts singing that stupid song. :mad:

Now, for a commercial I could watch, or the gal doing the skit is:
Nilanna Vayntrub....the ATT girl. :bigwink:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 29
Those Life Alert commercials. They show that ad too many times per day!

AMCO car insurance and I guess a local one called Raymour & Flanigan a furniture store. Both are on at the very least 3 times a night. Like quite a few people here I hate the prescription drug commercials as well. Sometimes I can't even figure out what the drug is used for and if you listen to the side affects that they run through at warp speed, if you really needed the drug, I would be scared to death to take it.

Ads for Bingo where everyone always wins and nobody ever loses.... I wonder who pays for the ads then ?
Ads for 'over 50 funeral plans'.
Ads for short term loans aimed at people who obviously can't plan their finances or lives.

This makes me cringe. There is another, altho I have not seen it for a while, that is even worse. If I remember what it is, I will post it. I always turn over when it comes on as it annoys me so much.

I actually complained to the Advertising Standards Agency recently about an ad in which the retailer compared their product with one sold by another company. It was a different make of product, did not include delivery cost - which the competitor did - and the retailer's product was only available for a very limited period. Kinda like comparing a pair of shoes with a car!

Well...there is a commercial that has a big green "booger". (Pardon me, I don't usually ever use that term, but I don't know what else to call it.) I turn it off so fast, I don't even know what it is about. It really turns my stomach! Barf!

We have a local financial advisor whose ad is on the local news every evening. I mute or turn to another station. Cannot stand the "mightier-than-thou" attitude who says if you don't give him your money you will never make it through retirement. His fancy three-piece suit is paid for by huge commissions he has made by convincing seniors to invest with him.

Also have a church that seems to advertise hourly on one of the radio stations I enjoy listening to. "This is Pastor abcdefg, 'Just thinkin' out loud'." Wish he would keep his "thinkin'" to himself!!!!

I don't see them anymore, maybe 'cause I'm not watching daytime TV throughout the week, but-

the reverse mortgage ads, with Henry Winkler and also with Fred Thompson. I lost respect for both of them, as I do for most celebrity 'spokespersons' that sell their soul, making various sales pitches to lure uninformed consumers into making poor financial choices.

My apologies if there are any here that have benefited from doing a reverse mortgage, back around the start of the 2007 financial crisis(when these reverse mortgages became prevalent) it was doubtful that many people had much(if any) home equity left, with which to base a reverse mortgage on.

Mostly I mute the commercials too but in general I think the drug ads should be banned and I refuse to buy anything being sold by a child - especially by a child when I cannot understand what they are saying!

That said, my all time loathsome commercial is those two IDIOTS in a van for Sonic! I cannot stand stupid people and those two are the worst. I refuse to buy anything at Sonic until they get rid of those two guys!!! Not that Sonic cares.

Hopping off my soapbox for now.....

As an ex-insurance salesman ( They fired me because I couldn't sell. And they were right. I couldn't sell:)), the 50-85 policies were what they wanted. People start paying the policies when they have a few extra bucks- until they run into medical bills. And let's face it, those medical bills will eventually come.

Back