White hair fashionable

My hair started turning gray when I was in my late 30's/early 40's. By the time I reached 50 it was pretty much all gray. The stuff grows like weeds, and if I didn't go to the barber for 2 or 3 months, I could probably put it into a "pony tail".

One of my co-workers was Hawaiian-Portuguese. So she had beautiful golden skin, and her hair had gone completely white by the time she was 30.

I don't mean grey. I mean WHITE.

It was incredibly striking, and absolutely gorgeous! Even strangers would remark to her how beautiful her hair was.

I was sooooo envious. My hair is slowly going grey, and it's BORING looking. Sigh.

My hair will start to grey where my part in the middle is first, along w/the area by my ears....my sideburns. And other places I know I can't see in the back according to the girl who cuts my hair. If, I wait too long to color it, the grey hair becomes kinda frizzy ...not smooth at all.

But, I've considered maybe just letting it go grey when I turn 70...3 more yrs.
Idk though, I'll have to see how old I really feel by then???

My hair will start to grey where my part in the middle is first, along w/the area by my ears....my sideburns. And other places I know I can't see in the back according to the girl who cuts my hair. If, I wait too long to color it, the grey hair becomes kinda frizzy ...not smooth at all.

But, I've considered maybe just letting it go grey when I turn 70...3 more yrs.
Idk though, I'll have to see how old I really feel by then???
So long as you don't add a grey mustache to those sideburns, you should be alright, Dobs! LOL! :giggle:

The only color I like my hair these days is Platinum ....

love this ...

iu

I think some older women easily pull off the grey/white hair, long or short. In my opinion their hair type makes the biggest difference, sleek and silky looks good at any length.

True story...my sister, age 66, has always wore her hair long and parted in the middle, her hair is white or pratially colored, long and frizzy, not a good look in my opinion. Do to cancer treatments she recently shaved her head, I swear she looks twenty years younger, and honestly made her look healthier. I told her I thought bald was a good look for her, but obviously I couldn't gush about it to much, I didn't want to upset her.

It really depends. I had an attractive friend, age 60, with beautiful, thick white hair down to her waist.

My hair is still mostly dark. But it was always troublesome. Now it's fine and thinning, and breaks easily. Trying to make it look nice is a lost cause. I grow it to shoulder length for one reason only: so I can pull it all back into a ponytail or roll.

The darker the original colour, the whiter the hair - old wives tale?

I had jet black hair (Asian) now it is COMPETELY WHITE!! I refuse to dye my hair as the dye enter your system (Mom told me about the "black" ring in the toilet bowls of old ladies!!)
Nope, I was blonde, now it's white, never grey.

I colored my hair for years, but after a lot of input from my opinionated 8 year old granddaughter , I let it go natural - which is pure white. When I moved to Florida, I went to the best stylist I could find and got a new short style, which was a radical change. I feel like I get more compliments on my white hair than I ever did on my boring Clairol brown. I don't know anything about fashion, everyone should do what makes them look and feel good.

For years I'd wanted to stop the every-three-week chore of dyeing my hair (alternating at home and at the salon). Then came March 2020 when in-person socialization and salon services stopped dead. With encouragement from some friends and my husband I grabbed the opportunity to grow it out. Not nearly as awful as I'd expected... by summertime most of the previously applied color had faded so much that there wasn't that feared line of demarcation between dyed and natural color.

It's sooo freeing to no longer be a slave to root touch ups. My hair is now grey and white with golden highlights that I have interspersed every six months or so.

I'm extremely happy with my decision. My only regret is that I didn't do it a decade earlier. If I'd known how short the grow-out pain period was going to be, I'd have taken the plunge a lot sooner.

Back