WHO advice and updates on Coronavirus website

apparently not...2 people who had the cornovirus, and 'recovered' in this last month, have now been diagnosed with it yet again, so Virologists are saying that they have no idea now, how many times people could ultimately be affected and or, if they would ever become immune...

It's not the samething but it's like it's ecoli or something like a bacteria. But this would be another indicator it was engineered or tampered with genetically.

I'd be demanding all test and experiments the Chinese and who ever else ran on this. If China in particular wants to get back into the fold this would be the gesture or help they should give.

From the pictures in post #36 by @hollydolly, some of these folks are pretty extreme. I like peanut butter, but ten jars? Good grief! Unless she's got some place to sell that stuff - or is regularly feeding a family of 20 - a lot of those foodstuffs will be long out of date by the time she gets into it.

All that food and not a single can of coffee or box of tea? Where are her priorities?

It's like the regular flu in that regard then. Isn't it? We catch the flu as kids, as teens, as adults and as seniors.

You're right, but each flu is a different strain, it is always mutating. That's why when you get the flu shot, you're getting protection for ''last year's flu'', you're not guaranteed the shot will prevent this new strain, only that it will be milder.

What is scary is that China has quarantined entire cities, they haven't done that for the usual flu (StarSong pointed that out). So, I think they're not telling the whole truth about Corona. Even a few reporters have questioned their zeal.
Exactly. I also wonder what's going to happen when they lift the quarantines.

Even Tom Cruise has been affected by Coronavirus.

"Paramount confirmed this week that “Mission: Impossible 7” had to shut down scheduled production shoots in Venice, Italy due to mounting concerns surrounding the coronavirus. "

1583019050729.jpeg

First American died today a male in his 50s.
European soccer games-no one is going, the same will be true when baseball starts.
An epindologist from Harvard School of Medicine reminded all today the virus will be back next year because it will take a minimum of one year before virus might be approved. But how long will it take to make and distribute hundreds of millions of doses???
The entire population of South Korea is being told to stay home.
A clinic treating the virus was set on fire today.
Meanwhile our V.P. says,not to worry and no need to buy masks!!!!!!!

Alarmist media doing its thing.

Until we know the exact health status of those who died from the virus, as in how healthy they were before they contracted it, I'm not following the herd of panicked cattle.

I suspect that those who succumbed to the virus had seriously weakened immune systems, respiratory issues, etc.

I also don't care what anyone says about the young, Chinese, whistle-blower doctor who, supposedly, passed from the virus. China doesn't tolerate any actions its government doesn't pre-approve. I would bet big bucks he was poisoned. Watch that clip of him in his hospital bed: There is abject fear in his eyes! He knew his fate.

I'm 68 years old, I have COPD and other health issues. For those healthy individuals good for you, you can make light of it and preach not to panic or be concerned. 😥
Sorry to hear about your compromised health, Becky. You should be more concerned about this virus, no doubt. Be very careful when you venture out. No matter what the talking heads advise, do wear an N95 respirator, NOT one of those thin, paper, surgical masks. Wash your hands, often, and try not to touch your face when out and about. Best of luck to you.

I'm more concerned about the ingredients for our meds that come from China.....hope they're stockpiled for about five or six months before we get warnings of low supplies and the prices get jacked up at the pharmacy.
I just heard Dr. Jen on World News Tonight say to make sure to have a least a couple of weeks extra meds. Other countries will likely be able to pick up the slack with some of the meds...but just in case. It's better to take care of it now than wait.

Did they say why we're more likely to die from it? It reminds me of the Spanish Influenza pandemic during my grandparents time.
no, they really don't know other than to say that it's more lethal to those whose immune systems are already compromised, those over 60 , I would presume because they have no antidote for it, as they didn't with the Spanish flu back in the day .....

I'm thoroughly fed up with our governments not leading us with more information. It's causing panic everywhere. I went to the supermarket yesterday and the shelves were completely stripped of basics like Pasta, Long life milk..toilet rolls, hand sanitisers, .. etc ( I mean absolutely empty) .. and we don't have single case of coronavirus in this area.. yet! :oops: this is the extent of the panic mostly created by the media...

Also the world health organisation today in the news are begging people to stop buying surgical masks because a severe shortage has now been caused for those who actually need them, those who are actually ill and need to be protected from viruses, as well as surgeons and medical staff... .. further to that Amazon has already prevented over a Million fake ''coronavirus protection'' items from being sold by fraudsters and opportunists...

I don't blame people for trying to protect themselves , but it is a concern that no-one seems to know the truth as to how easily caught, or prevented it might be, and until then people are going to protect themselves in any way they know how by staying away from crowded venues, and wearing masks if they have to travel on crowded public transports, trains, tubes, buses etc... ... we're all between a rock and a hard place not knowing what to do for the best..

Last edited:
Alarmist media doing its thing.

Until we know the exact health status of those who died from the virus, as in how healthy they were before they contracted it, I'm not following the herd of panicked cattle.

I suspect that those who succumbed to the virus had seriously weakened immune systems, respiratory issues, etc.

I also don't care what anyone says about the young, Chinese, whistle-blower doctor who, supposedly, passed from the virus. China doesn't tolerate any actions its government doesn't pre-approve. I would bet big bucks he was poisoned. Watch that clip of him in his hospital bed: There is abject fear in his eyes! He knew his fate.
I haven't seen that clip, have you got a link TG?

I fully agree with you. BUT, are we willing to pay 2-3 times the current cost of products, since American labor is much higher than Asian labor? We can't have both high wages and cheap merchandise, it makes no economic sense.
That's just the thing. It's a shame that this is what we are forced to accept. I don't understand how it is that they can have such a great economy on what little they supposedly get paid and we have to charge so much for it in order to do it ourselves. Seems fishy if you ask me.

Did anyone else hear that once you recover from it, you can get the virus again?

Probably no one could answer that yet, Popsnstuff. The best guess they have is to compare it with the flu viruses, which can cause illness in the same person more than once. Also, the flu vaccine is no guarantee against the disease. All it means is that vaccinated individuals who get the flu anyway, usually get a milder case. They are working on a vaccine for this one now, though it sounds like it will be several years before it can even be used. They are currently testing different vaccines on animals.

No one can predict the future, but all this talk about panic buying, stockpiling items, etc. sounds a bit hysterical to me. Even if there is a bit of a shortage for a while, I really think we can survive that.

One Eyed, the problem with stockpiling meds is that, in my case anyway, I can't renew prescriptions until a certain date has been reached.

Back