Who are currently employed?

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
I have a month before my last day of work at present job and already I am scouring the internet for employment opportunities for senior citizens.

I have a month before my last day of work at present job and already I am scouring the internet for employment opportunities for senior citizens.
for some after their regular career retirement .... it gives people a chance to do whatever type job you may want.to try..

my neighbor went to work 3 days a week at a country club for free golf..... as the money is not much to speak of....

The best part if you do not need an (X) amount of income ...retired people are gems for employers.................. since they can often deal with PT or taking fun seasonal things..... one can meet a lot of interesting people doing that.

for some after their regular career retirement .... it gives people a chance to do whatever type job you may want.to try..

my neighbor went to work 3 days a week at a country club for free golf..... as the money is not much to speak of....

The best part if you do not need an (X) amount of income ...retired people are gems for employers.................. since they can often deal with PT or taking fun seasonal things..... one can meet a lot of interesting people doing that.
..or simply volunteering...

I am an independent contractor in the financial world. I will be 65 in a few weeks. Being independent I make my own schedule.
I just have certain obligations I have to fulfill each year to keep my full time status with benefits for the next year.
I made up my mind that this is the last year of fulltime status and I will go part time after this year. So I am winding down, less pressure, because I don't care if I make those goals or not because I don't plan on being full time after this.
With Covid it's really hard to do business for me so I am ready to walk away.
Part time will allow me to do what I want and eventually I will stop that too.

If I wanted to continue working, I'd have stayed in the position that I held. My choice was to cease working and enjoy the time I had left with my wife and family. It's been 29 years now and I've never regretted a minute of it.

Fortunately we're surrounded with our family in all shapes and ages (ranging from 64 to "due in April") and these are also our best friends. Most other friends have died off or become incapacitated.

The only time clock that disturbs my relaxation is the one that tells me when I'm due at the doc for an appointment.

I just retired last summer. It was only at walgreens and I loved getting out, loved 99% of the customers. But unfortunately my back couldn’t take the 8 hours of standing anymore🥲
My husband drives school bus and loves it 😱😂
He keeps wanting me to do it too...and I’m like no and hell no!!!! 😂. For one thing I have 0 sense of direction and would be lost 99% of the time, and I love kids...but truthfully pretty much only my own 😂

I did that myself when I first retired. I was looking for "online" jobs, but that seemed like a real can of worms. I actually worked two different in-person jobs after my initial retirement, first as part time with county parks & rec, then full time in the state prison system, doing similar work that I did in my first career. Finally got old enough to collect Social Security and Medicare, so I hung up the spurs and called it a day. ;-)

Back