Who can relate to this?

I have so many user names and passwords that I have written them all down in one of these telephone number booklets.,,,that's the only way I can access some sites that I only occasionally visit. Even then, I try to remember to change the passwords periodically....especially those related to anything financial. Sometimes it's a PITA to stay on top of this kind of stuff, but with all the hackers and internet fraud, floating around, I prefer to minimize my risk.

I’m forever forgetting passwords.

I'd start out OK...writing down the renditions with every try

…..after 6 or 8 tries, I'd talk myself into remembering the accepted entry

riiiiight

Somehow I could successfully enter it a second time

day's later;

Very thankful for the Forgot your password? save

A little note here;

Amazon never forgets me
and won't let me forget them
(I do like that)

I don't save passwords in my computer unless it is a site that if the PW is hacked it would not matter like forums or games sites. I have all my important PWs on paper in a file and frequently visited sites are on a piece of paper taped to my laptop so i don't have to run to my file.

This thread remind me that I am due for a new password for one of my important financial websites.
I hate having to do this every six months, but I try to have a little fun here by starting making up a profane sentence and then whittling it down to a password that meets the requirements.
"This f---- bu--- s---- frosts --- ……"
The sentence winds up being fairly easy to remember, but I still write it down in my spreadsheet and hate the amount of time it costs. I store the spreadsheet on an external hard drive and shred the original.

I have three different passwords in another language I've been using for 20 years, on and off different sites....they haven't failed me yet!
OOOh that's a really good idea. I know a bit of German so might change some of the passwords ausgezeichnet (brilliant, excellent) :unsure: . But pronunciation of the German not that good so could be a problem if asked to verbally give certain letters of the password. Nevertheless a great idea PopsnTuff. Thanks. Stoff zum Nachdeken (food for thought). I would translate this as 'stuff to after think or think over'. German lesson over. :)

Back