Who can relate to this?

xsp_3.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.QNCYVeijCf.jpg

The hospital system where I worked decided one day that everyone was being too lax with their passwords and started to assign everyone a new password every three months. You'd get assigned a password like XTC3494*1722#37T8 and you were ordered NOT TO WRITE IT DOWN ANYWHERE!!!

Less than a week later, everyone was told to choose their own passwords again. Apparently, with more than 5,000 employees, the IT help desk was absolutely overwhelmed with people who had forgotten their passwords.

They live and they learn.....

The hospital system where I worked decided one day that everyone was being too lax with their passwords and started to assign everyone a new password every three months. You'd get assigned a password like XTC3494*1722#37T8 and you were ordered NOT TO WRITE IT DOWN ANYWHERE!!!

Less than a week later, everyone was told to choose their own passwords again. Apparently, with more than 5,000 employees, the IT help desk was absolutely overwhelmed with people who had forgotten their passwords.

They live and they learn.....
You gotta be embarrassed for anyone who does such a stupid thing on a global basis, cause apparently they're not capable of being embarrassed on their own behalves. Of course, the poor IT staff knew better.

Man, I'm so glad I'm retired.

That is fun-nee! 😅 I'll have to share. Well I haven't had that problem because most sites now tell you what your password should contain and how many characters. I have about 80 passwords to keep track of.... none of them are the same either. I keep my password hints in my Google Docs.

I had my own solution. When I was working, a number of customer sites I had to log in to required changing passwords regularly. I had a book on single malt scotch whiskys that listed 300 distilleries. I started with Abelour, and just worked my way through.

Saving your passwords in some "online" or "cloud" site is little safer than having them posted in your Facebook account. If your computer can be hacked, so can your passwords...not matter Which site you might be "storing" them on. A handwritten notebook is FAR more secure.

You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. Cloud is a joke for security. The only thing I use Cloud for is my dashcams, my drones and stationary GoPro+ cams and that's only a backup in case my sim cards get corrupted. When I became proficient with Linux I replaced all of my data processors using a basic encryption standard akin to land mobile communications AES protocol with led touchscreen monitors run to the hard drives via ethernet cables. No WiFi anymore and no wired or worse wireless keyboards. Only when I'm on the road and absolutely have to I use roll up keyboards I can pretty much stick in my jacket pocket. Me paranoid? Naw.

BTW: Every computer, laptop, tablet and smartphone made today can be used without having to use easy to forget and more so easy to lose or get hacked passwords.

Last edited:
Because I was using a certain password too often on too many sites with a slight variation, someone was able to pick it up and as a result obtained my primary email address. I began getting emails from this unknown character who mentioned that he had my password and was watching me. I was able to immediately block the idiot and haven't heard a word since. Now I am more careful. I do not save any passwords on my computer at all once I have changed them, they are discarded forever and the ones I am using are just for those sites I visit frequently.

Oh my I haven’t laughed so much in weeks. Once only once I used a swear word because I was Beyond livid at my telephone provider.
Then avoided them for as long as I could. The next Time I tried to log in it kept saying password incorrect. This incident occurred 20+ years ago when companies could actually look up your password. I had long forgotten my anger and spiteful password. So when I called to find out what my password was, the representative was quiet then started giggling
I felt a panic why was she giggling, I began searching my brain, then still laughing she told me. I’m sure I turned every shade of red for embarrassment, blue as I must have stopped breathing and then green sick with humiliation
Thankfully the agent had a sense of humor. I have never again used a password in any like Such manner 😱🤢🤣

I forget a lot!!! I do remember my families names....But sometimes I forget what I said 1 minute ago....
A couple of minutes I went to the stove and thought I turned it off...NO!!! It was on the lowest flame, but
I was lucky the Gravy, sausage and meatballs were OK....Geez!!!!!!

I actually spend odd moments thinking up new passwords. It's amazing how often you need one. I like puns and tongue twisters. A recent one was Amin De Skies (say it aloud).

Security experts advisors recommend that you NOT write your password on a yellow sticky and put it on the edge of your monitor.

However, if "someone"(hacker, burglar, evil genius) has physical access to your computer, your security is toast.

I forget a lot!!! I do remember my families names....But sometimes I forget what I said 1 minute ago....
A couple of minutes I went to the stove and thought I turned it off...NO!!! It was on the lowest flame, but
I was lucky the Gravy, sausage and meatballs were OK....Geez!!!!!!
Same here and I begin to wonder about my mind going haywire.

Back