Who Cheated Who?

The man could argue that although he had the parachute on his back he didn't make his mind up to pull the string until he noticed his wife failed to jump(?). Definitely a conundrum that one, I suppose something like it must have happened too, (I wonder what the authorities made of it. :unsure: )?

Wait a dogarnminute, how high a building could it be so she could wait eight seconds before noticing he'd pulled his chute!

Trick questions hey, let me see force due to gravity means a body accelerating at 10ft per second per second, assuming no wind resistance, so he's going roughly 100 miles an hour, that makes the building about a mile high, (please check my workings here, not entirely sure I've got it tied down. :unsure::whistle: ?)!

Someone posted this on FB and I thought it would be interesting to see what ya'll think?
View attachment 116233
I can't help but think of a chain and lock in this case, which would quickly weed-out the unfaithful partner.

Moving forward with the chain and lock idea, imagine for a second that wedding rings were joined as one, forget the logistics behind such, as I'm using this only as an example, nevertheless, if wedding rings were joined and couples embarking upon marriage knew of such, just think of the ramifications such would have on infidelity.

One partner would quickly know whether or not the significant other was dedicated and in it for the long haul or not.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume that the woman fully intended to jump but, at the last minute, couldn't bring herself to do it. The man, on the other hand, knew when he put that parachute on that he was going to use it. Could this be a failed attempt on the part of the man to kill his wife?

No matter what the correct answer is, the hope is that as long as we are alive there is always a chance things will get better. But, once we are dead, all our chances are gone.

I have a slight change in this thread.
Say that the husband has a dolly friend on the side. (The wife with an 18 year old Romeo works, too.) Now, for financial reasons the hubby can't divorce the wife without loosing his shirt. So, for weeks, he plots; and he works on his wife to convince her to commit suicide with him. On top of the tallest building in town, they count down, 3....2......1. She jumps off the building, he waves goodbye. Is the husband guilty of a crime? What crime? Is it murder?

I have a slight change in this thread.
Say that the husband has a dolly friend on the side. (The wife with an 18 year old Romeo works, too.) Now, for financial reasons the hubby can't divorce the wife without loosing his shirt. So, for weeks, he plots; and he works on his wife to convince her to commit suicide with him. On top of the tallest building in town, they count down, 3....2......1. She jumps off the building, he waves goodbye. Is the husband guilty of a crime? What crime? Is it murder?

Interesting, as for him I guess an in depth investigation would reveal that but since suicide and attempts thereof have been decriminalized in most states in America and looked upon as a unenforced common law crime however generally suicide is a crime as an attempt is also in a few states, New York is one of them. I've yet to read of any instance though of a person who has killed themselves being arrested so that's a moot point and for the most part failed attempts are Baker acted and remanded to a psychiatric facility for evaluation.

AMTRAK has of late taken a rather hard line on trespassers who are obvious suicide cases and have been charging and suing their estate or relatives responsible for them to pay for all damages to it's equipment, operating crew replacement, lost time in transit, passenger inconvenience and anything else they can shoehorn into litigation, some of the Class I's are jumping on that bandwagon too. IMHO bottom line is the husband would walk if the DA figures the case would be cost prohibitive or not having a chance of it getting pass a grand jury.

BTW: I am not an attorney so my comment is in no way, shape or form to be construed as valid legal advice but purely for entertainment purposes only.

The student who convinced her boyfriend to commit suicide by breathing in car fumes Was Convicted. Don't remember the details of conviction without research, but I'm sure many of you remember this recent case.

Back