Who do you consider is your "family", or do you feel alone?

My only family are my two grown children and they are thousands of miles away.
I have a very few people I consider friends but they are also thousands of miles away.
Guess that makes me pretty alone, from an Earthly perspective.
and that's fine.

My husband and our dogs & cat are my everything! I can’t imagine life without them.
Keesha...this is Big Bud, our Percheron...one of my four-legged friends, that I thought was a bear at first...but is as gentle as can be. He used to pull logs way up North. I am the short one sitting on him.

Attachments

• bud2.jpg
    bud2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2
Keesha...this is Big Bud, our Percheron...one of my four-legged friends, that I thought was a bear at first...but is as gentle as can be. He used to pull logs way up North. I am the short one sitting on him.
Beautiful!
You look as comfortable as can be.
Ive got some pictures of me on some horses but I’ll pass on showing them.

Last edited:
I have my son, my grandchildren, my honorary children, an honorary granddaughter, my sister, my DIL, my BFF and two other good friends I call "Sis". I also have plenty of other family...nieces, nephews and grands of those as well as a host of cousins, some of whom keep in touch now via Facebook, calls or texts. I get enough calls, which turn into laugh fests that I don't feel alone.

Last edited:
My only family are my two grown children and they are thousands of miles away.
I have a very few people I consider friends but they are also thousands of miles away.
Guess that makes me pretty alone, from an Earthly perspective.
and that's fine.
My only family are my three grown children, one of which along with my two grandchildren live at the other end of the country...but they do keep in touch. I have many nephews, nieces (product of my coming from such a large family and all and of which I am pretty well the only one left), in-laws, out-laws, etc...but I do believe they all think that I have passed...So I say and believe one must strive to be happy, accept and enjoy the day in spite of...and I do. I am afraid that pretty well all of my friends are 4 legged along with the chickens and ducks...and they know they are loved.

I am very lucky to have a close-knit, loving family. Not close in physical location, we're spread out all over the place, but we manage to stay in constant touch, with texting, e-mail, and a weekly zoom meeting. And now, with a new baby in the family, tons of adorable baby pictures flying to everyone's phones.

As for what relationship we all are, that's pretty complicated. This summer, the following group are renting a beautiful, large house at the beach for a week. Everybody is coming, as far as I know. Here's our family, both biological and those who have somehow become a part of the family through marriage or whatever:

Me
My three children
One son-in-law
6 grandchildren
3 "significant others"
3 children of one of the significant others
And ... my new great-granddaughter!

Hope I didn't leave anyone out. 😁

Everyone I consider "family" lives under my roof. One of them is my wife and the other is my dog. :)

I was never close to any of my immediate family and as time went on, we grew even further apart to the point we have no contact. I'm pretty sure two of them could be diagnosed with sociopathy or psychopathy. Bleh. Bad people. I don't need that in my life.

Back