WHO on COVID

Funny how we all wear our masks, but few follow any of the required protocols for virus protection....

How to Wear a Mask (COVID)
Wear a mask correctly and consistently for the best protection.

Be sure to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before putting on a mask.

N95 masks are the only masks that work for viruses

Do NOT touch the mask when wearing it. If you have to touch/adjust your mask often, it doesn’t fit you properly, and you may need to find a different mask or make adjustments.

Do Wear a Mask That:

Covers your nose and mouth and can be secured under your chin.

Fits snugly against the sides of your face.

How to Remove Your Mask:
  • Carefully, untie the strings behind your head or stretch the ear loops
  • Handle only by the ear loops or ties
  • Fold the outside corners together
  • Be careful not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth when removing and wash hands immediately after removing
  • Reusable masks should be washed as soon as they become dirty, or at least once a day. If you have a disposable face mask, throw it away after wearing it once. Always and wash your hands after handling or touching a used mask.

Not following the protocol makes wearing a mask dangerous instead of protecting you....

Is there a single person on earth who actually follows that ridiculous set of rules?

I did receive a set of 3 of those N95 masks, sent by the government. I couldn't breathe at all with it on, just took it off and threw it away after a few minutes, fortunately before I passed out from lack of air. It was also enormously uncomfortable. I do wear a KN95 mask when it seems like a good idea, which is less and less often. Most people in my area are vaccinated, and mask wearing has dropped off a lot. There has been lots of Covid, which two of my children have had, and a couple of the grandkids. Mostly they said it was a mild sore throat, or they tested positive with no symptoms at all. My son did have a flu-like illness for a few days. He's fine now. We are all fully vaccinated, and the vaccine obviously does work, as in my senior community, I have not heard of a single death from it since the vaccine appeared.

Of course, a new, deadly, vaccine-impervious variant could emerge out of the murky swamps of hell, in which case all bets are off, and we're back to square one. (Got enough metaphors in that sentence?) 😁

Timewise, your last sentence is puzzling to me. Not following an insane set of rules probably made up by an OCD personality is "dangerous instead of protecting you?" Well, following those rules, besides destroying your enjoyment of life, would be even more dangerous than NOT following them. There are few things more "dangerous" than not being able to breathe!

Is there a single person on earth who actually follows that ridiculous set of rules?

I did receive a set of 3 of those N95 masks, sent by the government. I couldn't breathe at all with it on, just took it off and threw it away after a few minutes, fortunately before I passed out from lack of air. It was also enormously uncomfortable. I do wear a KN95 mask when it seems like a good idea, which is less and less often. Most people in my area are vaccinated, and mask wearing has dropped off a lot. There has been lots of Covid, which two of my children have had, and a couple of the grandkids. Mostly they said it was a mild sore throat, or they tested positive with no symptoms at all. My son did have a flu-like illness for a few days. He's fine now. We are all fully vaccinated, and the vaccine obviously does work, as in my senior community, I have not heard of a single death from it since the vaccine appeared.

Of course, a new, deadly, vaccine-impervious variant could emerge out of the murky swamps of hell, in which case all bets are off, and we're back to square one. (Got enough metaphors in that sentence?) 😁

Timewise, your last sentence is puzzling to me. Not following an insane set of rules probably made up by an OCD personality is "dangerous instead of protecting you?" Well, following those rules, besides destroying your enjoyment of life, would be even more dangerous than NOT following them. There are few things more "dangerous" than not being able to breathe!
Sunny, no need to be confused!

Where I live an amazing number of people still wear face covering for Covid. Few, if any, follow the protocols!

If you have a paper or cloth mask on you are breathing out moist air with every breath. Included in that is bacteria, most are not harmful, but some maybe, if you get exposed to enough of them. Some of these get trapped in the masks or cloth. With your warm moist breath these bacteria will multiply and then be inhaled over a period of a few hours. This is a recipe for all types of infections...thus, my comment!
"Not following the protocol makes wearing a mask dangerous instead of protecting you...." And yes I have taken classes in microbiology...

And yes even wearing N95 masks have the same issue, but they start out sterile!

Back