Who's the most famous person you've ever met?

Her majesty Queen Elizabeth II.......?

Well I haven't actually met her yet, but I'm sure she would love to come to visit for a cup of tea, but I keep putting her off because she takes her corgies everywhere, and I don't like cleaning up after other folk's pooches.....😅

Well, that's my head for the block now........🤔

Roy Rogers
I was about 4 or 5, It was a rodeo at the Chicago Stadium.
He was Grand Martial.
He rode around the ring shaking hands.
He shook my hand. I didn't wash it for a week.

People I had face to face, conversations of substance, with:

Muhammed Ali
Telly Savalas
Susan Dell
Sandra Bullock
Luci Baines Johnson
Mark Andes
Georgina Spelvin
The Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem
Tony Randall
Ravi Shankar
Tony Bennett
Buddy Rich
Buster Crabbe
Michael DeLano
Mandy Patinkin
Suze Orman
Charlotte Crossley
H. Ross Perot (My band played for a party he had.)

Some of the above, I shared just a brief conversation with. Some, i talked with as I drove them around Chicago, in my cab. Others, I handled their bodies for a good amount of time, as I tattooed them. (My lips are sealed.) Some, I shared a shower with. (Ditto.) Some, I went to school with, and knew pretty well.

Last edited:
The cast of londons burning
the cast of the Bill...
Windsor Davis,
David beckham, (in manzies) pie and mash shop in london,
chris de burgh ( on a flight to antigua )
freddy Starr
roy hudd
helen shapiro
Etc Etc
I worked in a theatre in the 90s, so met quite a few people there....

:love:
I would have passed out if I met Elvis !

My dad did at one of his first shows at a high school gym in Mississippi. Elvis was dating a girl from my dad's home town at the time and a bunch of them hung out after his show.

I was a few years behind Donna Tartt (Pulitzer Prize winning novelist) in high school. She came to visit at Christmas break from college in Vermont and told some of us about the plot of the novel she'd started. It was The Secret History though that wasn't what she called it at the time. She'd obviously gotten into a Goth crowd at college; she had on all black including a very long black coat and had colored her already very dark hair so black that it had a bluish/purple tinge. She stood out in small town Mississippi with that get-up!

My list:
  • Gladys Knight (no Pips)
  • RuPaul (he held the door open for me at a vegan restaurant in North Hollywood)
  • James Brown (he was playing blackjack in Atlantic City, NJ)
  • Julie Garwood (book signing)
  • Beck (another vegetarian restaurant in Hollywood, my niece is vegetarian)

Robert Plant
He was in Sydney for a concert. I was at an inner city restaurant. Looking at the chalkboard menu when a voice behind asked what I'd recommend. Turned around and ..... one of my all time heroes. Saw him the next night in concert. Never did think to ask for his autograph!!!

HollyDolly was Gerry Rafferty making his way down to Baker Street when you met him (sadly gone too young).
Glinda, I also admire Paul. A very good travel writer (I've travelled all over with him in his books). Supposedly a bit of a grump and spent most of his adult life in Britain.

HollyDolly was Gerry Rafferty making his way down to Baker Street when you met him (sadly gone too young).
Glinda, I also admire Paul. A very good travel writer (I've travelled all over with him in his books). Supposedly a bit of a grump and spent most of his adult life in Britain.
well he kinda was but he wouldn't make it there for another few years after I met him :giggle:

I met alot of famous people , in my time of working at the Warehouse Theatre between 1980 and 1990.s.........( thats where i met my hubby ,in 1986)........
I also dated a member of Mungo Jerry , in 1973........(whom im still in touch with now )...

Last edited:
I met alot of famous people , in my time of working at the Warehouse Theatre between 1980 and 1990.s.........( thats where i met my hubby ,in 1986)........
I also dated a member of Mungo Jerry , in 1973........(whom im still in touch with now )...
Me too, my husband has worked tv & film produution all his life on hundreds of shows , and is one of the bosses now on a very well known show.. .

I spent 20 years working in the media at several well known TV studios as a researcher , so I could sit here for a whole day writing about celebrities we've met, the thousands we've worked with..literally thousands, those who became personal friends, and those who are not nice or very different from their public persona ... but I'm not going to... :)

Me too, my husband has worked tv & film produution all his life on hundreds of shows , and is one of the bosses now on a very well known show.. .

I spent 20 years working in the media at several well known TV studios as a researcher , so I could sit here for a whole day writing about celebrities we've met, the thousands we've worked with..literally thousands, those who became personal friends, and those who are not nice or very different from their public persona ... but I'm not going to... :)

Hush that mouth holly..😂😂 yes i know what you mean....🥴
i think the nicest person ,i ever met and befriended....was Twiggy.....Lesley Lawson
not forgetting a dear friend Barbara windsor ....

Don't know which one is most famous: Bill Gates, Ross Perot. Husband worked with: Steve Jobs and Perot.
Didn't meet him but accidently bumped into Al Gore; we started to talk before his 6' 5" tall 350 pound linebacker size security stood like a wall in front of me and said " turn around and walk away"!

Last edited:
In 1977, I was working in a duPont semi-works (noisy factory) operating a 6oz injection molding machine. A few people came in very well dressed. The woman was gorgeous and I thought to myself, "She's beautiful...looks a lot like Barbara Rush." She walked toward me and extended her hand, introducing herself at the exact moment I noticed her name tag: Barbara Rush. They were in town doing a play at the opera house and for some reason, they decided that touring a factory in the afternoon was a good idea. We chatted for a few minutes about her movies and her good friend, Vera Miles, one of my favorites. Of all places to meet a movie star.

Last edited:
Hush that mouth holly..😂😂 yes i know what you mean....🥴
i think the nicest person ,i ever met and befriended....was Twiggy.....Lesley Lawson
not forgetting a dear friend Barbara windsor ....
Barbara ( ''just call me Babs Dahling'') is a personal friend ... bless her heart 🥰 .. Lesley Hornby (lawson)..is lovely..very down to earth .. but of course even Leigh calls her twigs...

Barbara ( ''just call me Babs Dahling'') is a personal friend ... bless her heart 🥰 .. Lesley Hornby (lawson)..is lovely..very down to earth .. but of course even Leigh calls her twigs...

well i never, fancy you knowing them as well.....did you know my boyfriend from mungo jerry ..sev ....The blonde one.....
690A6181-FB2F-4140-8986-E4B7D029FB3A.jpeg

well i never, fancy you knowing them as well.....did you know my boyfriend from mungo jerry ..sev ....The blonde one.....
View attachment 89942
No I never met Mungo Jerry at all, they were famous when I was a teen (I always thought the lead singer was revolting you got the best looking one out of them ) :D .. before my time working in TV production. I don't know if hubs ever met them, possibly in later years , but it's doubtful as he's 5 year younger than me and their greatest hit ''In the summeritme'' came out when I was 15 years old ,. I retired 2 summers ago...hubs is very much still working within the Biz... so I really can't talk about too much about anything publicly...:sneaky:

Many decades ago, Donny Osmond. His truck slid into a snow bank. Took a minute to recognize him with the beard he had. Used to have a place just north of me.
I wouldn't mind meeting Jay...never met any of them, but I did get the opportunity once but 2 different dates clashed and I lost the chance of meeting them ( well 4 of them who were here at the time Jay, Merril, Jimmy, and Wayne) )...

I have had a chat with Count Basie,a very nice man who signed a picture for me
and a few words with his then drummer Butch Miles.

Back