Why Alone?

Online dating ??? Any site that I have visited, the men on them think itā€™s their opportunity to be rude, vulgar, and so disrespectful. I have yet, not had a proper conversation with one. Iā€™m not actively looking, but if thereā€™s someone meant to be, I would think it through.

After 28 years of looking after a spouse like an adult child, couldnā€™t read or wright and didnā€™t want to learn, in his eyes, he saw nothing wrong with that. He was a farmer, the wife was the one who did everything involving pen, paper, reading and so on.....his first wife did that also, iā€™m not sure she even knew that he was illiterate, he definitely was a good lier, took me a couple of years to figure that out.

He depended on a wife to make his life for him.....thatā€™s when I started to loose mine. Stuck it out for 28 years. Could not do it anymore. Was so lonely, no talking, communication, or simple conversation, had to play 20 questions, he got very annoyed, he didnā€™t think I needed to know the daily going on. I got myself in a trap.

I know itā€™s not fair that iā€™m talking about this, when heā€™s not hear to defend himself.

Iā€™m good being on my own, I have a life, and friends.

My door is somewhat open, in case the love of my life happens to enter, not holding my breathe, if not, thatā€™s okay.

Online dating ??? Any site that I have visited, the men on them think itā€™s their opportunity to be rude, vulgar, and so disrespectful. I have yet, not had a proper conversation with one. Iā€™m not actively looking, but if thereā€™s someone meant to be, I would think it through.

After 28 years of looking after a spouse like an adult child, couldnā€™t read or wright and didnā€™t want to learn, in his eyes, he saw nothing wrong with that. He was a farmer, the wife was the one who did everything involving pen, paper, reading and so on.....his first wife did that also, iā€™m not sure she even knew that he was illiterate, he definitely was a good lier, took me a couple of years to figure that out.

He depended on a wife to make his life for him.....thatā€™s when I started to loose mine. Stuck it out for 28 years. Could not do it anymore. Was so lonely, no talking, communication, or simple conversation, had to play 20 questions, he got very annoyed, he didnā€™t think I needed to know the daily going on. I got myself in a trap.

I know itā€™s not fair that iā€™m talking about this, when heā€™s not hear to defend himself.

My door is somewhat open, in case the love of my life happens to enter, not holding my breathe, if not, thatā€™s okay.
Yeah...nothin says lovin like a man who messages you with "Hey baby"

Yes, finding that right other person is difficult. But I did get crazy lucky about 22 years ago. We had seen no photos of each other, but agreed to meet anyway. We were mutually attracted to each other, and after short time she invited me to move in with her. I did that, and so began the best relationship of my life. It lasted until fate took her away from me after 20 years. Since then I've been trying to get lucky once again, but luck has eluded me.

Yes, finding that right other person is difficult. But I did get crazy lucky about 22 years ago. We had seen no photos of each other, but agreed to meet anyway. We were mutually attracted to each other, and after short time she invited me to move in with her. I did that, and so began the best relationship of my life. It lasted until fate took her away from me after 20 years. Since then I've been trying to get lucky once again, but luck has eluded me.
So, TRUE LOVE does exist....So happy you found her.....So sad you had to loose her.

We had seen no photos of each other, but agreed to meet anyway.
One thing I've learned about men is they are visual, which means they see something in a woman they find attractive. Your experience is quite rare. With online dating, I remember a guy tell me he will be at the meeting place we agree. If by chance, I feel deceived that he doesn't look like the man in the profile, I can walk on by....and run šŸ¤­šŸ˜›šŸ¤« We're not there yet.

Overall, my online dating experience(s) have not been bad at all. I just take everything in stride and keep an eye on red flags. I'd like to think there must be one real human that sticks to be a good friend, at least. I keep a positive mindset all the time and believe all of us should be given a chance. I trust but verify šŸ˜‹

I'm not living everyday, hoping someone will be at my door. I'm perfectly fine, on my own, i take care of my own house, yard, projects i create in the yard, etc., if there's something i can't do, i hire someone.......To all you guys of the opposite gender......may sound like i dislike you, but i don't.:sneaky:

@hellomimi I certainly must be doing something wrong. I've yet to come to meet anyone, that would even be close to being a friend, besides anything more. Sites i've come across have seemed to be just money pits.... certtainly haven't given any to them.
[/QUOTE]
@MickaC, I don't think there's a formula out there. Just present who you are in your profile, make sure your pic is recent. Sometimes it takes a while for a decent gentleman to notice you, just be patient. If there's someone meant to be your friend/lover, your paths will cross.

Keep a positive outlook and an open mind. I avoid whispering to the universe I don't need/want a man in my life. I want to attract positivity and dispel negative vibes.

I'm not living everyday, hoping someone will be at my door. I'm perfectly fine, on my own, i take care of my own house, yard, projects i create in the yard, etc., if there's something i can't do, i hire someone.......To all you guys of the opposite gender......may sound like i dislike you, but i don't.:sneaky:
If you re-read what you just wrote, the message it implies is you are already self sufficient, men may get intimidated. I know they like to feel needed although most shy away from needy women. It's not that you dislike them but you have to project a need they can fill in your life. Put up a pic that reflects you're taking care of yourself and see the results.I hope you're not offended by this, I am on your side.

If you re-read what you just wrote, the message it implies is you are already self sufficient, men may get intimidated. I know they like to feel needed although most shy away from needy women. It's not that you disligske them but you have to project a need they can fill in your life. Put up a pic that reflects you're taking care of yourself and see the results.I hope you're not offended by this, I am on your side.
Not offended at all. Thank you so kindly for your input. I do choose the wrong way of saying things sometimes.......What is in my heart and mind is.....someone to share with, enjoy company, support emotionally......not looking for support financially, or a hired man.....just being together and enjoying quality time. There.... i think i spoke better.......Thanks again. Enjoy the rest of your day.šŸ’:)

Ahhhh.......that was so heart felt. I do get what youā€™re saying completely and can relate. Not that Iā€™m looking for someone but the independence streak you have.

That was so nice seeing ladies helping each other out. How sweet. ā¤ļø

I have come to realize, sadly, that dating sites are not the best idea for me. There are a lot of fake profiles and phony people on some of those sites. Also romance scams happen too. You are really lucky no one has tried to romance scam you. Two men tried it on me. Now I know what to look for to avoid them. It's hard though.

I think it's a better idea to go to social events like dances--I think that's a better way. I used to go to them years ago and met a few nice guys. Nothing came of it, though.

Better yet, I think I'd just rather be alone and not trying to find someone. It's a real PITA! I am really happy being alone with my pet family and knowing some kind neighbors I have. We have some social events here and chat at times. For right now, I think that's good enough for me. I'm getting too old and too tired to try these dating sites anymore. I seem to attract the wrong types. I have made a friend though, so that's good!

Wow, Ruth, I could have written your post. My experiences exactly!

Wow, Ruth, I could have written your post. My experiences exactly!
It's good to have someone to relate to but sad that it happened that way. I've deleted my account at the dating site now for several days and I feel an actual relief from that. Not knowing what to expect next on those sites is nerve wrecking at times. I'll stay happy with the pet family and my friends here at the apt. place. Best wishes to you! ;)

We can have human connection without ā€œromanticā€ connection. I have plenty of human connection. Iā€™m not interested in a ā€œromanticā€ relationship, being very happy living independently.

Back